+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on wait time to hear back from CIC on dependent child sponsorship

ashitasingh

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR holder. I got my PR last year in Nov 2017 and moved to Canada in April, 2018.
I submitted the application to sponsor my dependent child (biological) on October 5th, 2018.
The application was received by CPC - Sydney, Nova Scotia on October 11th. Today it is December 4th and i have not even got an acknowledgement from CIC yet. Absolutely no communication whatsoever from them yet. I am getting a bit worried. Does someone know how long does it take for CIC to send an acknowledgement?
P.S I have a full time job in Toronto and i produced both a letter from my employer and 1 month's salary slip.
Will be great if someone who has sponsored their child this year (2018) have any experience to share.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR holder. I got my PR last year in Nov 2017 and moved to Canada in April, 2018.
I submitted the application to sponsor my dependent child (biological) on October 5th, 2018.
The application was received by CPC - Sydney, Nova Scotia on October 11th. Today it is December 4th and i have not even got an acknowledgement from CIC yet. Absolutely no communication whatsoever from them yet. I am getting a bit worried. Does someone know how long does it take for CIC to send an acknowledgement?
P.S I have a full time job in Toronto and i produced both a letter from my employer and 1 month's salary slip.
Will be great if someone who has sponsored their child this year (2018) have any experience to share.
Hi

Expect 2-3 months.

Reactions: ashitasingh

msajjad

Jun 13, 2013
Hi Ashitasingh,

Did you get the response/ack from CIC regarding your dependent child app ?

Regards,

ashitasingh

Oct 3, 2017
Hi @msajjad

No I’m still waiting to hear from them. It’s going to be 3 months soon since I sent them the documents. Are you in a similar situation too?

khannabharat

Sep 1, 2014
My application was received around Oct 20, 2018 by NS office, I haven't received any reply from them yet. I think we should expect a response around Feb last week as they are still processing July end / Aug first applications, moreover due to December holidays, there might be further delay.

Reactions: Surexistence

ashitasingh

Oct 3, 2017
@Surexistence and @khannabharat Thanks for your response.
Do you know how long it is taking CIC now from the day you get the Ack to the day they ask for passport for visa stamping?
I was planning to go to India to get my daughter in July first week but i am unsure if her passport would get stamped by then or not.

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Let's
Do you know how long it is taking CIC now from the day you get the Ack to the day they ask for passport for visa stamping?
I was planning to go to India to get my daughter in July first week but i am unsure if her passport would get stamped by then or not.
hope it will get stamped before then. I would advice you don't make any plan yet to travel. Just wait a while. I am sure from Feb we will start getting medical request. I noticed for child sponsorship for those who got their medical requests recently, they received both the AOR and medical request at the same Time.

Reactions: khannabharat

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
And in
Let's

hope it will get stamped before then. I would advice you don't make any plan yet to travel. Just wait a while. I am sure from Feb we will start getting medical request. I noticed for child sponsorship for those who got their medical requests recently, they received both the AOR and medical request at the same Time.
Less than 1month they got their passport request

khannabharat

Sep 1, 2014
I agree with what @Surexistence said. Going by timeliness people posted so far, I don't see any reason why it should be delayed till July.