+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Reference letters

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have a question with respect to Employment reference letters.

I have worked for 5 companies till date
1) Company 1 is merged with another company and the name is changed now and is different from the one that is on my relieving or experience letter. How should i get relieving letter from this company.
2) Company 2
3) Company 3 took over Company 2 and now Company 2 is not existing any more. How should i proceed in this case for the reference letter.
4) Company 4 --> Can get the reference letter.
5) Company 5 --> Can get the reference letter.

Could some one tell me how to deal this situation. Is it mandatory to get reference letters from all the organizations ?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
does any of company above has 3 years of work experience. If so you need to get from there only. CIC would like to see minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 year proof. Any thing above is not relevant.

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
does any of company above has 3 years of work experience. If so you need to get from there only. CIC would like to see minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 year proof. Any thing above is not relevant.
Hi anoop, thanks for the reply. i have worked 2 years and 9 months with Company 3 and one year each with Company 2 and Company 3. I can now get reference letters only for 4 years and 9 months though i have 8 years of work experience. I have offer letters as well as relieving letters for 8 years but cant get reference letters from the first 2 companies.

So would that be sufficient if i just show reference letters only 4 years 9 months. Dont i loose points ?

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Hi anoop, thanks for the reply. i have worked 2 years and 9 months with Company 3 and one year each with Company 2 and Company 3. I can now get reference letters only for 4 years and 9 months though i have 8 years of work experience. I have offer letters as well as relieving letters for 8 years but cant get reference letters from the first 2 companies.

So would that be sufficient if i just show reference letters only 4 years 9 months. Dont i loose points ?
If these 4+ yrs were within past 10 yrs then. Yes you will get full points . You can put rest of experience in personal history and maybe explain in letter of explanation that you were not able to get reference letters from recent companies hence provided from old one which still fall under 10 yrs mark

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If these 4+ yrs were within past 10 yrs then. Yes you will get full points . You can put rest of experience in personal history and maybe explain in letter of explanation that you were not able to get reference letters from recent companies hence provided from old one which still fall under 10 yrs mark
Without knowing his score under the six selection factors it is quite irresponsible to suggest that he should put the rest of his work experience under the personal history section.

Although his CRS remains unaffected, his eligibility under the FSW program can be affected if he falls below the required 67 out of 100 points by making this change.

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Will check the possibility. thank you

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Without knowing his score under the six selection factors it is quite irresponsible to suggest that he should put the rest of his work experience under the personal history section.

Although his CRS remains unaffected, his eligibility under the FSW program can be affected if he falls below the required 67 out of 100 points by making this change.
Thanks @DelPiero07 for your reply.

If my CRS is 457, would i still not be considered for ITA if i dont get minimum of 67 points ?

and when do we actually need these reference letters ? Do we need them to get into the pool or after we receive the ITA ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @DelPiero07 for your reply.

If my CRS is 457, would i still not be considered for ITA if i dont get minimum of 67 points ?

and when do we actually need these reference letters ? Do we need them to get into the pool or after we receive the ITA ?
If you do not meet the required 67 points then your profile will be ineligible (not active for an invitation). Google six selection factors federal skilled worker and calculate your score. Depending on your score you can choose which work experience to include in the work history section.

You need to provide the reference letters Post-ITA when submitting your application.