+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on PRTD

hvm

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Hello guys,
My husband got his inland spous COPR in Feb 2021, and we came to India in March 2021, thinking we will apply for PR upon our return. We are now trying to apply for PRTD, not sure which documents should we submit. It would be very helpful if someone can advise, especially the Residency Obligation is confusing.
Also, he isnt working there so which docs can he submit? Do we need to say he is accompanying me ? As im working for a Canadian employer but I am.not employed outside Canada.

Please advise on what exactly we need to submit in PRTD application in this case?

Thanks so much,
Hema

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your post doesn't make sense. If your husband received COPR, then he is a PR. He does not need to apply for PR upon return. He also doesn't need to apply for PR cards; you should have sent photos in February as per the letter of instruction and the card should have been generated.

You need to contact IRCC for advice. I recommend by webform.

hvm

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Your post doesn't make sense. If your husband received COPR, then he is a PR. He does not need to apply for PR upon return. He also doesn't need to apply for PR cards; you should have sent photos in February as per the letter of instruction and the card should have been generated.

You need to contact IRCC for advice. I recommend by webform.
Thanks for your response- and sorry for the confusion. He didnt send photos yet, as we had to be present in Camada to receive PR card, and there Was no timeline provideD.

Thanks, i will inquire to IRCC through webform

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response- and sorry for the confusion. He didnt send photos yet, as we had to be present in Camada to receive PR card, and there Was no timeline provideD.

Can your husband fly into the US? If so, he can use his COPR to cross the land border without PRTD. He would need to travel via a third country anyways because all direct flights between Canada and India are ban currently.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Pretty sure you mean you are working for a Canadian employer while in India. RO for PRTD is met so just explain that he landed in Feb 2021 and still has until Feb 2026 to meet the 2 out of 5 year requirement. It is very important that he returns within the 3 years or he won't be able to apply for a PR card without signalling that he is out of compliance with his RO.

Reactions: hvm

hvm

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Can your husband fly into the US? If so, he can use his COPR to cross the land border without PRTD. He would need to travel via a third country anyways because all direct flights between Canada and India are ban currently.
Thank you so much for your response , he doesn't have a US Visa :( we might try getting jt through our relatives or friends but it could take some time. Thanks for the suggestion though, we will positively we explore further

hvm

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Pretty sure you mean you are working for a Canadian employer while in India. RO for PRTD is met so just explain that he landed in Feb 2021 and still has until Feb 2026 to meet the 2 out of 5 year requirement. It is very important that he returns within the 3 years or he won't be able to apply for a PR card without signalling that he is out of compliance with his RO.
Thank you so much, yes i am working for a Canadian employer while ijn India (though I resigned and accepted another offer). Yes he will definitely return now, we wont be waiting after ban is lifted.