+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Proof of Funds for Canada FSW EE - Outland

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

I applied for Canada PR along with my wife with AOR in Feb 2021. For proof of funds, I gave my bank account + my spouse's bank account statements. My statements were well over the minimum required for 2 members. However, since then I have made a few large withdrawals and now my bank account has less than the total amount required for Express Entry.

However, the combined bank account total of my + my spouse is still above the required minimum. Will this be an issue?

Thanks

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello,

I applied for Canada PR along with my wife with AOR in Feb 2021. For proof of funds, I gave my bank account + my spouse's bank account statements. My statements were well over the minimum required for 2 members. However, since then I have made a few large withdrawals and now my bank account has less than the total amount required for Express Entry.

However, the combined bank account total of my + my spouse is still above the required minimum. Will this be an issue?

Thanks
First of all, we do not recommend the applicants to touch their funds until the entire PR process is completed.

Secondly, if you withdrew it then at any condition your maintained funds shouldn't go below the minimum threshold as per one's family size /or the funds value being declared in your application.

So, as long as the combined funds from you and your spouse are above the minimum requirement, you should be fine. Only if your spouse gave you the complete access to his/her funds !

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
How does the Canadian immigration officer actually check whether you have proof of funds. I don't think the bank will give details to the officer

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
How does the Canadian immigration officer actually check whether you have proof of funds. I don't think the bank will give details to the officer
To kick off IRCC will request for the verification of the POF from the bank using the same POF statement you obtained which is signed by the Bank authority, So the authority digitally signs the whole Funds certificate along with all details regarding your transactions. There is background check which includes checking transactions history, wire transfers (security reasons) etc you name it. They don't want the banks permission if they want to check it. You signed / will sign the declaration while submitting the completed application where you are consenting and taking responsibility of the application whatever the outcome is. This is the same with the bank. I believe you're from IN and it's just a walk in the park to check anyone's account