+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Parents Sponsorship program

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello Guys , I have a question regards to Schedule A- Background declaration form IMM 5669. Instruction says Principal Applicant and all dependents must sign their own copy of this form. I am applying for my father and my mother. i also have a sibling who is 30 plus years old and already married so in this case my question is
1) is my sibling considered dependent?
2) Does the form should only be signed by my father (principal Applicant) only? or should the form be signed my my father as Principal Applicant and my Mother as well.

3) Also the instruction says sign your name in writing with a Hand written signature. Does this means . I have to send the form via courier and have my parents sign and mailed back to get the signature?

can you please help me understand. I really appreciate the response back. Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello Guys , I have a question regards to Schedule A- Background declaration form IMM 5669. Instruction says Principal Applicant and all dependents must sign their own copy of this form. I am applying for my father and my mother. i also have a sibling who is 30 plus years old and already married so in this case my question is
2) Does the form should only be signed by my father (principal Applicant) only? or should the form be signed my my father as Principal Applicant and my Mother as well.

3) Also the instruction says sign your name in writing with a Hand written signature. Does this means . I have to send the form via courier and have my parents sign and mailed back to get the signature?

can you please help me understand. I really appreciate the response back. Thank you!
1. No, not a dependent, not included in application.
2. As per instructions, they both complete one.
3. Yes.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

This is a link to the guide
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#apply-principal

search for section on:
"Who should be included in the sponsorship application?"
and read through the section on "Family members" and "Dependent children ".
Note that "Your family members" here in this section is for principle applicant. So the parent that you picked as the principle is "you" being referred in here.

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
This is a link to the guide
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#apply-principal

search for section on:
"Who should be included in the sponsorship application?"
and read through the section on "Family members" and "Dependent children ".
Note that "Your family members" here in this section is for principle applicant. So the parent that you picked as the principle is "you" being referred in here.
Hi

3. Yes.
Thank you so much I appreciate your response . I am going to ask my parents to sign and mail me the physical copy of the form to save time. Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much I appreciate your response . I am going to ask my parents to sign and mail me the physical copy of the form to save time. Thank you
Do not rush it! Make sure you have all the information first. Some of the form needs to be filled in and verified in order to generate bar code (sorry, I didn't look at 2020 application forms and not sure if they are still using this).
So if the form has bar code, they can only sign printed form once it's all filled in and verified.

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Do not rush it! Make sure you have all the information first. Some of the form needs to be filled in and verified in order to generate bar code (sorry, I didn't look at 2020 application forms and not sure if they are still using this).
So if the form has bar code, they can only sign printed form once it's all filled in and verified.
Thank you so much Again sure will look it properly. Appreciate it

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
Hi Guys,

This is regarding sponsor Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation -2020. Recently, I have received an email from CIC accepting my interest to sponsor my parents, who are in India.

Some guidance is required how to fulfill the below:
(a) Parents' marriage certificate. They do not have marriage certificate, as such. But, each other's passport states spousal name. Will that satisfy with the explanation? or Does it require some kind of affidavit from the lawyer?

(b) Curriculum Vitae of Parents : Father is not schooled much; and retired now since long time. Mother is not schooled and housewife. If any of you guys a particulat format, would you please forward with redacting the confidential data.

(c) Are parents required to undergo any medical test under this program, in addition to bio-metrics?

Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

This is regarding sponsor Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation -2020. Recently, I have received an email from CIC accepting my interest to sponsor my parents, who are in India.

(a) Parents' marriage certificate. They do not have marriage certificate, as such. But, each other's passport states spousal name. Will that satisfy with the explanation? or Does it require some kind of affidavit from the lawyer?

(b) Curriculum Vitae of Parents : Father is not schooled much; and retired now since long time. Mother is not schooled and housewife. If any of you guys a particulat format, would you please forward with redacting the confidential data.

(c) Are parents required to undergo any medical test under this program, in addition to bio-metrics?

Thanks in advance.
Only have answer for 1 of your questions.

c) Everyone needs to undergo and pass medical. Medical will be requested when IRCC starts processing the application. (after sponsor approval, I believe)

Bdpr17

Jul 11, 2017
Hello everyone. I applied for my parents PR through 2020 parents grand parents sponsorship program. After all processing we have been invited to submit passport within one month. But the local visa processing center is closed du to Covid (Chittagong, Bangladesh) and could not get an appointment in another city yet. Deadline is approaching. My question is what will happen if we missed the deadline, how can we extend it? Did anyone else face this issue and solve it? if anyone has any insight on this please share, thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone. I applied for my parents PR through 2020 parents grand parents sponsorship program. After all processing we have been invited to submit passport within one month. But the local visa processing center is closed du to Covid (Chittagong, Bangladesh) and could not get an appointment in another city yet. Deadline is approaching. My question is what will happen if we missed the deadline, how can we extend it? Did anyone else face this issue and solve it? if anyone has any insight on this please share, thanks.
Do you mean 2019 PGP?

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hi

3. Yes.
Hi ,

My question is regarding IMM0008 form and IMM1344E form. do I need to submit out only one form for both of my parents or do i need to submit individual form for father and mother

thanks

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I also do have question as yours. One more to add

I dont have birth certificate available currently cos me and my parents are in Canada (super visa) to verify my relationship with parents. However, my passport has names of both. If copy of passport is accepted ?

thanks