+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Ontario PNP - Without LMIA

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi
Is there any PNP program in Ontraio where a LIMA is not needed ? I am on a open work permit and currently working. The company wont support LMIA process
Do I have any changes in Ontario PNP as I am working here and already have a job ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Is there any PNP program in Ontraio where a LIMA is not needed ? I am on a open work permit and currently working. The company wont support LMIA process
Do I have any changes in Ontario PNP as I am working here and already have a job ?
What is your occupation? How many points do you have under EE?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Thanks
I have 470 points and I work in IT.
Under the Employer requirements section on the OINP page i found this

I already have a open work permit- so does it mean i dont need a LMIA ?

Employers must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to the applicant, unless:

• the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario, or
  • the employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the position

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks
I have 470 points and I work in IT.
Under the Employer requirements section on the OINP page i found this

I already have a open work permit- so does it mean i dont need a LMIA ?

Employers must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to the applicant, unless:

• the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario, or
  • the employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the position
The employer has to support your nomination and meet eligibility requirements. Is your employer willing to do so..

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
They wont support a LMIA. But my manager said he can help if we have something that is not a LMIA

What do i need from the employer - Can you please advise

So in my case a LMIA is not needed - correct ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They wont support a LMIA. But my manager said he can help if we have something that is not a LMIA

What do i need from the employer - Can you please advise

So in my case a LMIA is not needed - correct ?
You don’t need a LMIA but OINP has all the employer requirements and forms that must be filled out. It is an extensive process and your employer has to set up an OINP profile. Your manager may not have authority to set up OINP and provide financial/employer/tax information.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-streams-employer-guide

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
You don’t need a LMIA but OINP has all the employer requirements and forms that must be filled out. It is an extensive process and your employer has to set up an OINP profile. Your manager may not have authority to set up OINP and provide financial/employer/tax information.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I will check with them.
Any idea if this is something a company rep like HR can do or like we need a lawyer ? My manager is new to this. He is supportive but he has very little info on immigration processes

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
One more question
If i have been working for the same employer for an year on an Open Work Permit - Do i still need a LMIA for claim job offer points?
I can get the job offer letter from my company
Please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One more question
If i have been working for the same employer for an year on an Open Work Permit - Do i still need a LMIA for claim job offer points?
I can get the job offer letter from my company
Please advise
If you mean for Express Entry then yes you need a LMIA to claim points. Job offer doesn’t give you points.