+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on non-accompanying common-law

Sep 10, 2020
Both my boyfriend and I are currently working in Canada, we have been living together for almost 2 years, in common-law status now.

I'm under a time constrain and I heard that applying together will slow the process. Therefore, I'm planning to apply EE as common-law not accompanying, he will apply by himself in the future if he wants. However, the system still requires information about my boyfriend's medical exam and policy certificates, which will take a while to gather.

If he wants to apply for PR in the future, his score is good enough that he doesn't need any sponsorship from me. In this case, is it possible to refuse submitting his medical exam and policy certificates in my application? Will this impact application, or have any negative impact on his application in the future?

Thank you very much for any help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Both my boyfriend and I are currently working in Canada, we have been living together for almost 2 years, in common-law status now.

I'm under a time constrain and I heard that applying together will slow the process. Therefore, I'm planning to apply EE as common-law not accompanying, he will apply by himself in the future if he wants. However, the system still requires information about my boyfriend's medical exam and policy certificates, which will take a while to gather.

If he wants to apply for PR in the future, his score is good enough that he doesn't need any sponsorship from me. In this case, is it possible to refuse submitting his medical exam and policy certificates in my application? Will this impact application, or have any negative impact on his application in the future?

Thank you very much for any help!
No - it's not possible to refuse to submit his medical exam and police certificate. If you do that, your application will be automatically refused.

In order for you to be approved for PR, your common law partner must take and pass the medical and also provide PCCs.

There are no other options available.

Sep 10, 2020
No - it's not possible to refuse to submit his medical exam and police certificate. If you do that, your application will be automatically refused.

In order for you to be approved for PR, your common law partner must take and pass the medical and also provide PCCs.

There are no other options available.
Thank you so much for your information! I will gather his medical and PCC as requested, thanks a lot!