+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on landing and goods to follow

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
Hey all, I am sure below question had been ask, but I did search and haven't find a definite answer.
I checked with Canadian Consulate, their replied seems unclear, so i want to ask here.

Me and my wife are planning to visit Canada in next week, and we will only stay there for 2 weeks. This trip was planned few months ago, as we are going to Canada to close a deal for our property. And we will be moving to Canada for good in Aug.

My question is:
My wife got the COPR few weeks ago, we planned to 'land' this time but our question is Goods accommodate and Goods to follow. We are fine to bring over some valuable stuff this time when we come and prepare a list for this coming trip. But for goods to follow, we have no clue on how to prepare the list. As we haven't really pack up the stuff and most are just used clothes and toys from our kids.
Is that we HAVE to shown the goods to follow form together at the point of landing?

My next question is, I am currently a non-resident.
Do I need to declare anything when I move back for good? I searched and noticed there's form for returning Canadian, wonder what's that for?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

You can prepare separately if you want. You will have to ask yourself if you have anything to declare when you move back - If you do, tick the returning Canadian box in that form.

Actually you don't need to come to Canada in order to close deal for your property. You can arrange this with a lawyer and/or realtor. And don't forget to arrange a home inspection before closing.

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
Thx steaky,

I went over the forum, for the 'goods to follow' those are basically our clothes, books, toys, DVDs and may be some kitchen ware. I believe everything need to declare, am I correct.

I also have another question, BSF186 & BSF186A.
I know I will fill BSF186 for goods accompanying and goods to follow, meaning fill BSF186 x2 and with attached excel.
How about BSF186A, what's that for? Do I put in the same thing as what I put in BSF186?

For the closing of property, we would like to go there ourself take a look our new home and prepare it for our family. That's why we didn't ask our lawyer to help, thanks for your info.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have enough space to fill in BSF186, then fill in BSF186A. Otherwise, you don't need BSF186A.

When you take possession, make sure you buy property insurance to protect your interest.

EagleOwl

May 5, 2016
Hello all
would appreciate your help...
on the form BSF186 you have 4 options to tick off
1. Former Resident
2. Beneficiary
3. Seasonal Resident
4. Settler

my husband is arriving to claim his PR on May 22 this month

what are we ticking off...Settler seems to most appropriate one?

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
EagleOwl said:
Hello all
would appreciate your help...
on the form BSF186 you have 4 options to tick off
1. Former Resident
2. Beneficiary
3. Seasonal Resident
4. Settler

my husband is arriving to claim his PR on May 22 this month

what are we ticking off...Settler seems to most appropriate one?
I was told by CBSA officer at my landing that you can leave that part blank and they will do it for you.

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Dear All ,
Will I be able to bring in items from Goods to follow ( including Gold which were declared during first landing ) after 1 year of landing date .

Regards,
Jdn