+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on income requirement for Super Visa renewal if wife on mat leave

kapilkolapkar

Oct 9, 2020
Hello all,

My mom's super visa is expiring in August next year and we are planning to apply to extend her super visa, but my wife is on mat leave now so wondering if CIC will take into account her previous year's income if we provide a letter from her employer that she will join her employer after her mat leave is over.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends what time you apply for the extension (if there is an extension in the first place) or a new super visa.

kapilkolapkar

Oct 9, 2020
It depends what time you apply for the extension (if there is an extension in the first place) or a new super visa.
Thanks steaky for replying. We are first going to get her passport renewed (which is expiring in August 2021) then apply for the super visa(expiring on same date as her passport) somewhere around Feb or March of 2021 as long as her passport is renewed by then. Our main concern is that we won't meet the income threshold since my wife is on mat leave so were wondering if CIC will consider her prev year's income and a letter from the employer assuring that she can join once her mat leave is over with the same salary.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks steaky for replying. We are first going to get her passport renewed (which is expiring in August 2021) then apply for the super visa(expiring on same date as her passport) somewhere around Feb or March of 2021 as long as her passport is renewed by then. Our main concern is that we won't meet the income threshold since my wife is on mat leave so were wondering if CIC will consider her prev year's income and a letter from the employer assuring that she can join once her mat leave is over with the same salary.
If I were in your shoes, my NOA 2020 will not be available to me until May 2021, so I would be using the 2019. So CIC will have to use the 2019 one.

Reactions: kapilkolapkar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why don't you co-sign? Your expenses will if anything increase if you have a new baby so proving that you have enough income even if your wife is on mat leave is important.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you co-sign? Your expenses will if anything increase if you have a new baby so proving that you have enough income even if your wife is on mat leave is important.
Do you realise OP plan to extend supervisa for his mom? So he need his wife to cosign. He can't cosign for himself.