+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Immigration or citizenship status for Citizenship Application

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi All I need some guidance on below question:
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Q1> I lived and worked in USA for few years on L1B and H1B visa. I am not sure whether I have to declare this information under this question. To me its not very clear whether its asking only for details if you are/ were PR for any other countries.

Q2> My current passport was renewed in last 4 years , which means I need to provide details for my previous passport covering last 5 yrs eligibility. I am not sure what to put under expiry date for my previous expired passport? Do I need mention expiry date same as mentioned on expired passport or 1 day prior from Issue date of current valid passport.

@legalfalcon @cansha @scylla Could you please help?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Q1) yes, you need to list the USA in there.
Q2) doesn't matter at all. The IRCC officer will understand that a passport was cancelled when the second one was issued in both cases. Pick one and move on :)

shksingh

Sep 16, 2023
I missed to declare my h1b visa and mine is still valid. What are my options to update the information after application has been submitted.
I submitted on August 14, 2023