+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on financial eligibility : PGP 2021

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Got PGP invite in 2021, and now have completed medicals, PCC, just waiting for final approval email . For 2021 I remember we had to submit 2018,2019,2020 tax assessments (or allow IRCC to directly ask from CRA). Now In 2022 as I was doing tax calculations , I do not meet the financial threshold, will IRCC consider for 2022 as well again? Or am I safe?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Got PGP invite in 2021, and now have completed medicals, PCC, just waiting for final approval email . For 2021 I remember we had to submit 2018,2019,2020 tax assessments (or allow IRCC to directly ask from CRA). Now In 2022 as I was doing tax calculations , I do not meet the financial threshold, will IRCC consider for 2022 as well again? Or am I safe?
You are required to meet LICO each year until the application is approved. So you are not technically safe if you don't meet income requirements for 2022. Having said that, there is no guarantee IRCC will even check this. They may or may not. So you could end up being fine or it may be an issue.

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks, but I had already received the Pre-arrival services letter, which means I am almost close to getting the PGP approval . Still ?

Letter said "We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada."

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You are required to meet LICO each year until the application is approved. So you are not technically safe if you don't meet income requirements for 2022. Having said that, there is no guarantee IRCC will even check this. They may or may not. So you could end up being fine or it may be an issue.

I had even received the below letter long long time ago and it says 3 years BEFORE receiving the application:

"
Dear _____
This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):

___

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application."