question on filling citizenship application

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
Hi, I am filling citizenship application. I have below questions.

9C. During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada ? If i say yes, is it must to attach Residence Outside Canada form but i didn't stay with any armed forces etc...it doesn't apply to me. what to do here.

I am seeing only two places signatures are required, one is main application and another one is physical presence calculator. Am i missing any ?

I am not using Representative and I stayed outside Canada for vacation with my husband who had a PR. So, below two forms are not relevant for me. Should i print the forms with my name and add N/A at the top and middle of the forms or should i ignore fully. In case if i have to submit empty forms with N/A, these forms are from 2015 and i read that CIC won't accept old formatted forms. But we don't have any 2018 forms for these versions.

1. Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] (PDF, 667.46 KB) June 2015
  2. Use of a Representative [Form IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015
10. a) where have you lived during your eligibility period ? please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. Your addresses must cover the entire eligibility period. If there are gaps or missing periods your application will be returned to you.

So for this i have lived 3 months in india this year, 4 months in india last year, 4 months last before year.

I am filling from present date to past 5 years with canadian address also indian address. It's my vacation in India, i am making sure no gasps. Is that okay ? also this section from and to doesn't have dates. Only year and months when we printed it. Is that a problem. Please help sir.

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No need to print the use of representative form.

For the residence outside Canada form, if you lived (studied, worked...) in another country, fill it with n/a everywhere, sign it and add it to your application.
That being said, you only spoke about "vacation" in your question. Vacation in a country is not living in that country. In which case you wouldn't need that form.

Reactions: rupesh.gunapati

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
No need to print the use of representative form.

For the residence outside Canada form, if you lived (studied, worked...) in another country, fill it with n/a everywhere, sign it and add it to your application.
That being said, you only spoke about "vacation" in your question. Vacation in a country is not living in that country. In which case you wouldn't need that form.

Thanks!

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
One more question...
10. a) where have you lived during your eligibility period ? please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. Your addresses must cover the entire eligibility period. If there are gaps or missing periods your application will be returned to you.

So for this i have lived 3 months in india this year, 4 months in india last year, 4 months last before year.

I am filling from present date to past 5 years with canadian address also indian address. It's my vacation in India, i am making sure no gasps. Is that okay ? also this section from and to doesn't have dates. Only year and months when we printed it. Is that a problem. Please help sir.