+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on accepting an job offer outside nominating province

Satyas991

Feb 9, 2018
Dear groups members,

Appreciate if you could reply for the below question. Although this message is bit lengthy, please read through and I'm sure many of you might relate to this kind of circumstance.

We got our PR through ON PNP (most sought Province) last year and completed soft landing procedure in Aug 2019 and have got our PR cards too.
My spouse is a primary applicant and myself and and our baby are secondary applicants. We planned to relocate to Toronto in June 2020.

My Wife and I started to apply for some positions in Ontario from our home country and we were very particular to apply withing Ontario itself as got PR through Ontario PNP and also we wanted to be in Toronto. My company is one of the biggest company in North America region and operates worldwide so I also had applied to few internal job openings in my company for Ontario and BC. However, as the positions in Ontario had requirement for slightly different skill sets than mine, I did not get any positive response from them. But I got selected for one of the positions in BC.

Given that we got PR through Ontario PNP, is it okay to take internal offer and land in BC? Or should I reject internal offer, resign from my company and search jobs in Toronto after landing? Is it a fit case of moving out of province of nomination or will it have any impact on PR status and citizenship application in future? Note: I haven't landed in Ontario and searched for the jobs, but I did the same from my home country.

I have researched a lot on the web about taking job outside the nominating province and also about the mobility rights of the PR holder in the IRCC website.
Different people have different views , some say it's okay to move out of nominating province and other say on moral grounds it's not ethical to move.

I have almost 12 years of experience as software professional and I know for sure after landing in Ontario or else where for that matter in Canada, I won't be getting the kind of salary and other benefits If I were to take up Internal offer and move to Canada. I will also retain my grade, designation , service within my company. I were to reach the same position in Canada, it will take another few years.

I know that when we looking for PR we got the PNP via ON and I completely acknowledge it, but this seems to be very tricky situation. In fact ON was the my target province, but scenario is completely different now. Sometimes I feel If I accept the job , I am not moving from lower to higher province as BC is as good as ON in terms software jobs.

So given the above situation I think of few options below:

1) Accept the job offer and move to BC along with my spouse and my spouse can also start finding a job in BC. Don't move to Ontario at all if we get used to with our jobs in BC.

2) Accept the job offer and move to BC along with my spouse and my spouse can also start finding a job in BC. Work there for year or so and resign our jobs in BC and
move to Ontario to meet the PNP obligation. Stay in Ontario for next two years and apply for citizenship.

3) Accept the job offer and I move to BC , but my spouse has to stay in Ontario and find a job there, both will be separated. After 6 months or an year I will have to request my employer to allow me to move to Ontario and work from there. If my employer doesn't allow even after an year , then I will have to resign and move to Ontario to meet the PNP obligation. Stay in Ontario for next two years and apply for citizenship.

4) Don't accept internal offer now in BC, resign from my company, land in Ontario, hunt for job obviously for lesser pay but meet Ontario PNP obligation from day 1.

5) Any better option you guys could think off?

Looking forward to hear from you guys!!

Thanks

Reactions: Princes Queen

gtm

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

I am having a similar situation. My spouse is the primary applicant and I am the secondary applicant. We have OINP, and my wife and kid plan to stay in Ontario. Can I work in BC temporarily and then move to Ontario?

Thanks,
Goutham

Reactions: Princes Queen