+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Inadmissible family member

sum4141s

Mar 22, 2021
Toronto
Hello,

what is the age limit for listing a family member under PR? Does an applicant need to list every family member regardless of their age? If an applicant’s sibling is over 22 and inadmissible, not accompanying, does the applicant need to list that sibling in the application?

Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What kind of immigration application are you talking about? And in which form? (siblings should be declared in additional family member form for family sponsorship. I am not familiar with other stream)

If it's an adult sibling, I don't think their admissibility will affect your immigration applicantion. But we need to know a bit more background. But not declaring is misrepresentation and that's not good.

sum4141s

Mar 22, 2021
Toronto
What kind of immigration application are you talking about? And in which form? (siblings should be declared in additional family member form for family sponsorship. I am not familiar with other stream)

If it's an adult sibling, I don't think their admissibility will affect your immigration applicantion. But we need to know a bit more background. But not declaring is misrepresentation and that's not good.
Hi, to give an example, an international student applies for a PR under CEC, but she has an inadmissible elder brother. I was taught that the applicant is inadmissible under an inadmissible family member. I forgot if it’s inadmissible directly caused by her brother to sister or her parent’s relation to the brother. And I am not sure if the inadmissibility is applicable if the inadmissible sibling is over 23? Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, to give an example, an international student applies for a PR under CEC, but she has an inadmissible elder brother. I was taught that the applicant is inadmissible under an inadmissible family member. I forgot if it’s inadmissible directly caused by her brother to sister or her parent’s relation to the brother. And I am not sure if the inadmissibility is applicable if the inadmissible sibling is over 23? Thanks.
Not sure about CEC but siblings and parents ARE NOT "immediate family members". Instead, children (under 22) and spouse/common-law partners are.

So, as my reply above, you need to declare your sibling as additional family member. I really doubt that will affect your own CEC application. (if you spouse is inadmissible, then your applicantion will be sure affected. BUT you still have to declare it, otherwise, it's mispresentation).

Negyiri

Mar 10, 2018
Sudan

how did you resolve this issue ?