+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question in CRS Express Entry

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question in the CRS:

For the Work Experience section and the below point:
-> How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?

I have experience 2.7 yrs in one NOC before i took a break for maternity, i joined back in the same NOC after 6 month break, and currently working for 1.5yrs. So what should be my years of experience for the above point? will it be 2.7 or 4 years?

Thank you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4 years. The 'continuous' bit matters only towards having at least 1 year of continuous paid full-time work experience to satisfy basic program eligibility (which is fine in your case).

mater

Jul 23, 2015
I have experience 2 yrs in one NOC (part time) , i joined back in the other NOC for 7 monthes in my certification after 6 month break.
what should I chose? if my experience in specific NOC could I work in another in canada?they write on visa NOC

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mater said:
I have experience 2 yrs in one NOC (part time) , i joined back in the other NOC for 7 monthes in my certification after 6 month break.
what should I chose? if my experience in specific NOC could I work in another in canada?they write on visa NOC
The one where you have the maximum years of experience. PRs aren't restricted by NOC so you can work on other NOCs after getting PR.

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
4 years. The 'continuous' bit matters only towards having at least 1 year of continuous paid full-time work experience to satisfy basic program eligibility (which is fine in your case).
Okay Thank you.

One more question. I just realized, that NOC for my current role(which is sort of Hybrid of 2 roles) is not the same as my previous role's NOC. In my experience letters, it will be evident that I did only 25% of my previous role's responsibility. So I am stuck with that 2.7 yrs, if only I had 5 more months of experience I would qualify for the extra 25 points under the below point:

-> Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities

I am getting only 25 points for the 2.7 years of experience and not 50 points for the 3 years that I am falling short of.

Is there a way I can get the other 25 points for this section? Should I move to a role which will have the same responsibilities as my first role and bring it to 3 years for qualifying for the 25 points?

Is there any other way?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel100 said:
Okay. One more question. I just realized, that NOC for my current role(which is sort of Hybrid of 2 roles) is not the same as my previous role's NOC. In my experience letters, it will be evident that I did only 25% of my previous role's responsibility. So I am stuck with that 2.7 yrs, if only I had 5 more months of experience I would qualify for the extra 25 points under the below point:
You can claim experience under multiple NOCs 0/A/B. So you can still get those extra points.

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can claim experience under multiple NOCs 0/A/B. So you can still get those extra points.
Do you mean, that I can quote my experience as 4 years and get the 50 points for foreign work experience? and that it doesn't matter if this is split between 2 NOCs.

And I believe the NOC code matters, for this question alone "How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?" - the answer should be 2.7 yrs and not 4! please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks again!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel100 said:
Do you mean, that I can quote my experience as 4 years and get the 50 points for foreign work experience? and that it doesn't matter if this is split between 2 NOCs.

And I believe the NOC code matters, for this question alone "How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?" - the answer should be 2.7 yrs and not 4! please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks again!
Answered multiple times on the forum in 2015.

You can choose multiple NOCs to get those 3 years of FWE. But for FSW eligibility points, you can only count experience acquired under Primary NOC.