+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question if my experience will be counted

Feb 13, 2024
Hi there. Rn i am on my post graduation work permit in Canada. While applying for PR in express entry, i see we do get experience for foreign work experience. In my country i had worked as a pharmacy technical assistant for 2 years but the immigration agent who had filed for my study permit while applying for study visa did not disclose my work history on the immigration form assuming i did not work.
Some of my friends are telling me you would be accused for misrepresentation if i disclose my pharmacy technical assistant while applying for express entry.
I meet all the requirements of the work experience though.
What do you guys think about this situation?
thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi there. Rn i am on my post graduation work permit in Canada. While applying for PR in express entry, i see we do get experience for foreign work experience. In my country i had worked as a pharmacy technical assistant for 2 years but the immigration agent who had filed for my study permit while applying for study visa did not disclose my work history on the immigration form assuming i did not work.
Some of my friends are telling me you would be accused for misrepresentation if i disclose my pharmacy technical assistant while applying for express entry.
I meet all the requirements of the work experience though.
What do you guys think about this situation?
thank you
When you apply for PR, you'll have to declare this work exp. If you don't, you'll have justify something under your personal activity to pain the full picture. You'll end up lying if you do the later. Do the right thing and list everything. It is upto an officer to decide at the end of the day.

Feb 13, 2024
When you apply for PR, you'll have to declare this work exp. If you don't, you'll have justify something under your personal activity to pain the full picture. You'll end up lying if you do the later. Do the right thing and list everything. It is upto an officer to decide at the end of the day.
Thank you for the reply. But i think you didn’t understand my situation; as you said that i will have to declare this work experience.
If i don’t declare it officer would never know that i have foreign work experience.That’s it, nothing more than that.
But offcourse for my own benefit i will do it.
my whole motive of asking question is here to confirm that i will not face any problem from the immigration officer if i declare my foreign work experience because i did not declare my work experience while my agent filed for study visa very first time. There is a column in that document asking if i have worked somewhere or no. I am sure my agent wrote ‘no work experience’ over there.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
>If i don’t declare it officer would never know that i have foreign work experience.That’s it, nothing more than that.
That's misrepresentation. I suggest you do the right thing.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
>If i don’t declare it officer would never know that i have foreign work experience.That’s it, nothing more than that.
That's misrepresentation. I suggest you do the right thing.
Exactly! There is a LOT more than that. (vs nothing more as OP stated)
If you hide any information from IRCC, you are misrepresenting.
In fact, you already did when you apply for your previous visa. (You signed the application, so it's you, not the agent.)
If it's allow, include a letter of explanation that your work experience was obmitted. Your case officer will determine the out come. We don't know.