+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Question] How can my to-be-wife get a Visitor visa during the sponsorship process?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes you have.

Question: Should I apply for an eTA or a visa when I apply for a work permit.
Verbatim answer: No.
3rd sentence in the details: Your eTA or visa will be issued to you at the same time as your work permit.

No mentions of LMIA or types of Work Permit. Does not mean you are wrong or right, but if you pick a subset of what the official website say, and say the rest are not applicable, then you should have a reason. I was merely asking for the reason.

Thank you for your time but it seems like even though you are helpful, winning an argument seems to be even more important to you than providing concrete information. Especially when your information contradicts information on the official website.

I seek information on how to proceed, not to win internet arguments.

Hence this is going to be my last post here. No need to reply.
Scylla is one hundred percent correct. I really can't see why you are misunderstanding, as the information is very clear.

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Scylla is one hundred percent correct. I really can't see why you are misunderstanding, as the information is very clear.
You're right.

My reason for misunderstanding is because I did not know the application for Open Work Permit cannot be submitted under the outside-Canada category.

I've done more digging to understand that.

The information he/she provided, while I've always known to be 100% correct, is just not relevant. Her first trip to Canada was intended to be under Visitor and hence we have minimal worries about the first trip.

@scylla
Regardless of that, I admit to have a fault of my own. For that I apologize. Thank you!

Last edited: