+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Question" Got spousal visitor visa while spousal sponsorship is still in process

Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone I want somebody to help me with this, who has already been in my shoes before to figure this out.
Here goes nothing, I applied for my wifes spousal sponsorship back in March and everyone knows it takes long and I got impatient so I applied for her visitors visa and thankfully it got APPROVED now I'm in pickle if she comes here on visitors visa and her PR application gets approval what would happen next would she have to go back home for passport stamping and come back for landing procedures. Or skip going back home all together and we could go to nearest border and complete her immigration procedures there.
Please somebody help me with this ordeal.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone I want somebody to help me with this, who has already been in my shoes before to figure this out.
Here goes nothing, I applied for my wifes spousal sponsorship back in March and everyone knows it takes long and I got impatient so I applied for her visitors visa and thankfully it got APPROVED now I'm in pickle if she comes here on visitors visa and her PR application gets approval what would happen next would she have to go back home for passport stamping and come back for landing procedures. Or skip going back home all together and we could go to nearest border and complete her immigration procedures there.
Please somebody help me with this ordeal.

Thanks
Hi

If she is in Canada, she can submit her passport to Ottawa and flagpole at the border.

Aug 11, 2015
Hi

If she is in Canada, she can submit her passport to Ottawa and flagpole at the border.

Thanks for quick reply but I quite don't understand what you mean by submit her passport and flagpole at border. Could you elaborate please.
Submit how what's the procedure, what do I say to them, and what kind of service I'm looking of, of them.
I know I sound right down dumb but please I need help

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for quick reply but I quite don't understand what you mean by submit her passport and flagpole at border. Could you elaborate please.
Submit how what's the procedure, what do I say to them, and what kind of service I'm looking of, of them.
I know I sound right down dumb but please I need help

Thanks
She needs to submit her passport to receive her visa and COPR. The PPR email will give instructions on sending her passport to Ottawa if she is in Canada.

She then needs to land, which she can do by flagpoling at the Canada-US border or making an appointment at an inland office (can take a long time to get an appointment).