+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for those who have taken the test

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I was going through this book, Discover Canada and at the end of this chapter "How Canadians Govern themselves" there are like questions How much do you know about your Govt..

Federal Govt
1) name of leader of opposition ?
2) Head of govt ?

etc etc

Provincial Govt
1) ?
2) ?

Territorial Govt
1) ?
2) ?

My question is do they ask these kind of questions in test because I will have to find out who is head of municipal govt in my municipality etc etc

Its bothering to find these details and remember ..........

Thanks in advacne

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017
I was going through this book, Discover Canada and at the end of this chapter "How Canadians Govern themselves" there are like questions How much do you know about your Govt..

Federal Govt
1) name of leader of opposition ?
2) Head of govt ?

etc etc

Provincial Govt
1) ?
2) ?

Territorial Govt
1) ?
2) ?

My question is do they ask these kind of questions in test because I will have to find out who is head of municipal govt in my municipality etc etc

Its bothering to find these details and remember ..........

Thanks in advacne
When I took the test, they never asked any names of Gov leaders (federal, provincial, municipal). But I suggest that you at least know some of the names like head of gov, head of state, the premiere in your province, you local MP. I heard from a friend that he was asked about the MP name in his riding during the interview. It was just a question not part of the test though.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
When I took the test, they never asked any names of Gov leaders (federal, provincial, municipal). But I suggest that you at least know some of the names like head of gov, head of state, the premiere in your province, you local MP. I heard from a friend that he was asked about the MP name in his riding during the interview. It was just a question not part of the test though.
Thanks for the input. Its valuable :)

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Does anybody know if the questions are always multiple choice questions or do they also ask questions without any choices given?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tests are not customized to every single person. So they cannot possibly ask you who is your MP because when they design exam sheet they have no idea about the postal code of the person who will get it to know his riding. It is not like they look at your address and then generate questions specific to your postal code.
That being said, I still tried to memorize the MPs for my riding (federal and provincial) since they asked in the book and then successfully forgot both of them as soon as I got out of the venue.

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017
Tests are not customized to every single person. So they cannot possibly ask you who is your MP because when they design exam sheet they have no idea about the postal code of the person who will get it to know his riding. It is not like they look at your address and then generate questions specific to your postal code.
That being said, I still tried to memorize the MPs for my riding (federal and provincial) since they asked in the book and then successfully forgot both of them as soon as I got out of the venue.
We were told by the test administrator that they have 7 different versions of the test and that each one is different. I talked to few people after the test and interview and they all passed and did not see any uncommon questions. I also did not get any questions with dates/year as well. All were straightforward from the book.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I was not asked about my MP in my test. As far as I know, there is a multitude of different tests around. Most, but not all of the people I went to the test with passed it. I read the book twice, but frankly for my way of learning the online tests were of much more use. Best of luck!