+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for those who applied for WP after AIP HC

rockrchh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hey guys,

I have sent an application for WP right after I got my AIP HC, but I have not received anything yet, it has been around 2 months since I applied for it, have you received yours? If so, what is your time line?

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hey guys,

I have sent an application for WP right after I got my AIP HC, but I have not received anything yet, it has been around 2 months since I applied for it, have you received yours? If so, what is your time line?
My understanding is that when you have received your aip the work permit will not be processed because you are becoming permanent residence very soon and you don't need work permit anymore it's happen to me as well I apply it in April 2023 till now I did not receive it and now I became pr holder yesterday

rockrchh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Cool! I did not know that! I was told I needed a work permit until second stage was completed. So it took you around 4 months to become a pr holder after AIP, right?

The work permit I applied for is the first OPW I would received, my lawyer just asked me to send him bank statements as I work doing cash jobs, immigration is processing my application and it seems like they have not received the police certificate from my country; maybe next month everything would be done...

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
My understanding is that when you have received your aip the work permit will not be processed because you are becoming permanent residence very soon and you don't need work permit anymore it's happen to me as well I apply it in April 2023 till now I did not receive it and now I became pr holder yesterday
Have you paid fees after AIP?

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Cool! I did not know that! I was told I needed a work permit until second stage was completed. So it took you around 4 months to become a pr holder after AIP, right?

The work permit I applied for is the first OPW I would received, my lawyer just asked me to send him bank statements as I work doing cash jobs, immigration is processing my application and it seems like they have not received the police certificate from my country; maybe next month everything would be done...
Just 2month after aip

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

There is a huge backlog when it comes to processing WPs which is why you likely haven’t received your WP