+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for Experts about Provinicial Nominee Immigration Program

arab43022

Oct 15, 2015
Q: This Question is for Experts, if someone gets Provincial Nomination from Nova Scotia Immigration ,then she applies for immigration to Immigration and Citizenship canada and after getting PR card from Immigration and citizenship Canada can she move to any other Province for work? as there are limited job opportunities in Nova Scotia , after getting PR card ? if she can move to any other big province for better opportunity will it be any problem for her when she will apply for canadian citizenship?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Yes, as a permanent resident of Canada, you can live and work anywhere in he country

arab43022

Oct 15, 2015
Thank you one_Topsy for your reply so will it be any problem at time of applying for citizenship ? or it will be fine and there will be no problem? any idea?

sophiathefirst

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2015
Nomination.....
12-2014
AOR Received.
10-05-2015 10-06-2015 (UCI)
Med's Request
16-07-2015 (MR, PCC, RPRF)
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 1Oct'15 PPR: 2Oct'15 Forwarded to CVAC SG 5Oct'15
VISA ISSUED...
14 Oct'15
You will cause trouble to the person who help you on your pnp nomination as they will be blacklisted by NS PNP from nominating again in future.. As much as possible you need to stay at a certain period of time stipulated by the province who nominated you. There are always consequences for every action and be ready to face them once it hits you. For me you should have considered that before you applied at Nova Scotia.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
sophiathefirst said:
You will cause trouble to the person who help you on your pnp nomination as they will be blacklisted by NS PNP from nominating again in future.. As much as possible you need to stay at a certain period of time stipulated by the province who nominated you. There are always consequences for every action and be ready to face them once it hits you. For me you should have considered that before you applied at Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia has an express entry scheme, and that does not necessarily require assistance from someone there - like Manitoba does.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arab43022 said:
Thank you one_Topsy for your reply so will it be any problem at time of applying for citizenship ? or it will be fine and there will be no problem? any idea?
You may want to check the CANLI site for cases on which citizenship was not granted because of "false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances because he provided false answers and concealed information on his application for permanent residence which led to his permanent resident status and ultimately his citizenship".

So far I have not come across anything in which the the non-intent to settle in the nominating province was linked to false presentation, but it does not mean it may not be used in the future. The oft advice is try to make a life in the nominating province for a little bit of time, then should better opportunities come by then outside of the province, then move. Not the the outset as soon as getting the PR card.

Provinces and CIC use statistics of those given permanent nominations and who settled in the province to gauge effectiveness of the provincial nominee program. Should the retention of nominees decrease over time, then the program may be changed/adjusted accordingly - this in the form of (and not limited to) some classes may be removed, some classes may be added or the overall quota maintained/decreased/increased.

.../atb

sophiathefirst

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2015
Nomination.....
12-2014
AOR Received.
10-05-2015 10-06-2015 (UCI)
Med's Request
16-07-2015 (MR, PCC, RPRF)
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 1Oct'15 PPR: 2Oct'15 Forwarded to CVAC SG 5Oct'15
VISA ISSUED...
14 Oct'15
One_Topsy said:
Nova Scotia has an express entry scheme, and that does not necessarily require assistance from someone there - like Manitoba does.
I see, if that is the case that's perfectly fine then

Priya_Vishu

May 11, 2017
My CRS score is 429 and I have received Ontario invitation letter for NOC code 2174 on 4th July. I have following queries, please could you help me on this:

1) I am waiting since last 1 month for ITA but due to some recent changes score is jumped to 449 from 413 and decreasing very slowly. Any hope, when will I receive ITA

2) I have received invitation letter last month so can I apply for Ontario, is it currently

Taking nominations

3) Is it advisable to go for PNP and how much time it will take in compare to ITA PROCESS?

3) If I go for PNP nomination and in sometime get ITA so can I switch to ITA process and leave PNP in between , any consequences of leaving the process in middle.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
My CRS score is 429 and I have received Ontario invitation letter for NOC code 2174 on 4th July. I have following queries, please could you help me on this:

1) I am waiting since last 1 month for ITA but due to some recent changes score is jumped to 449 from 413 and decreasing very slowly. Any hope, when will I receive ITA

-No one will know for sure ,but I think it will drop below 430 before the end of the year (Just personal opinion )

2) I have received invitation letter last month so can I apply for Ontario, is it currently

Taking nominations

-No its closed for the moment and u cannot submit an application now ..keep tuned on Ontario's' sites latest updates to know hen you can (if the NOI is still valid by then) .

3) Is it advisable to go for PNP and how much time it will take in compare to ITA PROCESS? Now its a risk of waiting for normal direct ITA against Risk of waiting for Ontario to re-open for applications if your associated NOI is still valid ...ur choice.... no definite numbers or answers here .

3) If I go for PNP nomination and in sometime get ITA so can I switch to ITA process and leave PNP in between , any consequences of leaving the process in middle.

-You may accept any of them if you have both choices @ the same given time...keeping in mind that if you are nominated by Ontario you have to accept in certain limited time so if ur score wont qualify u for a direct ITA by then then return to point 3 associated Risk assessment /comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: ashuindian