+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for British applicants - next steps after PPR

Ppp2015

Jan 26, 2016
Hi

I've just recieved my PPR email (yay!!) but am a little confused by the next steps.

The email states that if you are a holder of a passport from a country that does NOT need a visa to enter canada, you simply send a photocopy of your passport.

To check if your country falls into this category (I would except Britian did), there is a link to check....

The link however shows that from March 2016, a ETA is now required for British travelling to canada....Does this mean that I DO have to send my passport vs photocopy? Confused! Is the ETA a visa???

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Ppp2015 said:
Hi

I've just recieved my PPR email (yay!!) but am a little confused by the next steps.

The email states that if you are a holder of a passport from a country that does NOT need a visa to enter canada, you simply send a photocopy of your passport.

To check if your country falls into this category (I would except Britian did), there is a link to check....

The link however shows that from March 2016, a ETA is now required for British travelling to canada....Does this mean that I DO have to send my passport vs photocopy? Confused! Is the ETA a visa???
ETA is not a VISA. It is Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for citizens from visa-exempt countries. It is electronically linked to your passport and is not stamped in the passport as regular visa , therefore you don't need to send passport.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Ppp2015 said:
Hi

Yes you only send photocopy and apply for ETA online

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Ppp2015 said:
Hi

send it to the Canadian embassy address in the email along with other docs required

Scout85

Aug 21, 2015
Hey Guys,

Am Australian in a fairly similar situation, got my CPCO final request email, for the passport copy and my pictures.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I will need to do?

and how long does it generally take to get your COPR after the visa office has received the copy of your passport and photos?

Thanks,

Scout