+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Citizenship application on paper

MapleSyrup777

Oct 21, 2021
Hello,

I am trying to apply for a citizenship on paper. I tried validating my documents today, I hold 2 passports. One of my passport had 5 years validity period and it's already expired and the new one has a 10 years validity period. When I tried to validate my paper application it's won't let me print and it's asking for an explanation. Am I going to explain why my passport is expired?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I am trying to apply for a citizenship on paper. I tried validating my documents today, I hold 2 passports. One of my passport had 5 years validity period and it's already expired and the new one has a 10 years validity period. When I tried to validate my paper application it's won't let me print and it's asking for an explanation. Am I going to explain why my passport is expired?
According to your explanation, there is a gap between the validity of your two passports. I mean, after your previous passport got expired, you probably had a delay in renewing your passport which caused a gap between the validity of your passports. You need to explain the reason of this gap. The reason that you did not renew your passport on time. That’s it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

MapleSyrup777

Oct 21, 2021
According to your explanation, there is a gap between the validity of your two passports. I mean, after your previous passport got expired, you probably had a delay in renewing your passport which caused a gap between the validity of your passports. You need to explain the reason of this gap. The reason that you did not renew your passport on time. That’s it.
Ok so my old passport expired on March 3, 2020 and I was able to renew may passport on October 26,2019. Roughly 5 months before my passport expired. Do I still have to put my reason just in case?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Ok so my old passport expired on March 3, 2020 and I was able to renew may passport on October 26,2019. Roughly 5 months before my passport expired. Do I still have to put my reason just in case?
No, if there was no gap, then you don’t need to explain anything.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

What the system asks exactly?