+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[QUESTION] CIT0002 - Passports

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
I have the same issue where passport 2 was issued before the expiry of Passport 2. I will use the dates as printed on the passports and provide an explanation in the explanation section.
I am not sure how to explain it though, any suggestions?
Had the same and I just wrote exactly what you’ve said in my loe to explain the overlap: that I had renewed before expiration. It isn’t necessary but sometimes the officers may need a lil info to better understand a situation quickly. Hope that helps

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Had the same and I just wrote exactly what you’ve said in my loe to explain the overlap: that I had renewed before expiration. It isn’t necessary but sometimes the officers may need a lil info to better understand a situation quickly. Hope that helps

Thank you so much for your response. This indeed helps.
Did you add a separate LOE or you explained in the same question under "If you do not have a travel document or passport that was/is valid during your five (5) year eligibility period or if there is a gap between your passports, please explain why here"
When I tried to validate the form with the overlapping passport dates and leaving this section blank, it said that this section cannot be left blank.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Thank you so much for your response. This indeed helps.
Did you add a separate LOE or you explained in the same question under "If you do not have a travel document or passport that was/is valid during your five (5) year eligibility period or if there is a gap between your passports, please explain why here"
When I tried to validate the form with the overlapping passport dates and leaving this section blank, it said that this section cannot be left blank.
I had included in my loe and also added a note on the form too ... so you can add a note there.