+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: CEC Process After Receiving Medical Examination Request

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
richard.kim said:
Thanks for the details Razorblade!

I will have to check my original documents (copied version of my entire application) but I think I followed all the steps that you outlined.

1. Obtained the original PCC
2. Had the PCC translated by a translator
3. Had the translation notarized by a notary public

My only question is regarding the certification of the original copy.
I'm just wondering how you could have an original copy certified against an original document...
In other words, if I am already submitting the original document, how does one compare it against the original document...? ???
Hmm, did you also submit an affidavit (sworn statement) from the person who translated it ? Perhaps, that's what's missing.

Also, note the 3 month requirement for PCC:

The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
razerblade said:
Hmm, did you also submit an affidavit (sworn statement) from the person who translated it ? Perhaps, that's what's missing.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.
I submitted my PCC after receiving my AOR. But still received a mail for "Document Request".
Not only they requested PCC from home country but also from the US where I worked only for 4 months :-(

Anyone had this experience?

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
razerblade said:

Oh, thank you Razorblade!
I think this resolves my questions, I submitted my PCC from August (along with my original application in August).
So it is definitely older than 3 months.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
venugopalt said:
I submitted my PCC after receiving my AOR. But still received a mail for "Document Request".
Not only they requested PCC from home country but also from the US where I worked only for 4 months :-(

Anyone had this experience?
Venugopault, how long has it been since you obtained the PCC?
Although you may have submitted your PCC after receiving your AOR, the visa office may only be reviewing it now.
If it has been over 3 months since you obtained the PCC, it could be considered "expired".
Based on my thread, I think this is the situation I am in, where I submitted my PCC with my application (8 months ago).

I am not sure what's up with the request regarding the PCC from US...

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
richard.kim said:
Venugopault, how long has it been since you obtained the PCC?
Although you may have submitted your PCC after receiving your AOR, the visa office may only be reviewing it now.
If it has been over 3 months since you obtained the PCC, it could be considered "expired".
Based on my thread, I think this is the situation I am in, where I submitted my PCC with my application (8 months ago).

I am not sure what's up with the request regarding the PCC from US...
I submitted my PCC from home country in Sept 2013. So according to your theory it is expired.
One thing I am not able to understand is, how CIC is considering the PCC submitted along with the application.
If the PCC is expired after 3 months, it doesn't make sense to submit PCC along with the application.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
venugopalt said:
I submitted my PCC from home country in Sept 2013. So according to your theory it is expired.
One thing I am not able to understand is, how CIC is considering the PCC submitted along with the application.
If the PCC is expired after 3 months, it doesn't make sense to submit PCC along with the application.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.
I submitted my PCC in August as mentioned and I think CIC is considering it to have been expired now.
Unfortunately, I think CIC can decide when to review these documents and if they only opened the PCC now, in their perspective, it has expired.
I am going to have to re-obtain my PCC/translated/notarized/couriered to me, which is quite tedious...
Since everything is discretionary, might as well listen to them to be on the safe side!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I think there is some confusion. PCC doesn't expire after 3 months, it is valid for an entire year.

The 3 month requirement is: at the time you submit your application, the PCC should not be more than 3 months old.

Example: Application filed on July 15th. PCC should be dated April 15th or later.

I hope this clears things up. Sorry if I created any confusion.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
razerblade said:
I think there is some confusion. PCC doesn't expire after 3 months, it is valid for an entire year.

The 3 month requirement is: at the time you submit your application, the PCC should not be more than 3 months old.

I hope this clears things up. Sorry if I created any confusion.
That is odd....
According to your understanding, my PCC should still be fully valid then.
I obtained in in August 2013 and submitted it along with my application in August 2013.
I am still a bit afraid not to submit one as the email does not say "please ignore this email if you have already submitted the document".
Any recommendations?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
richard.kim said:
That is odd....
According to your understanding, my PCC should still be fully valid then.
I obtained in in August 2013 and submitted it along with my application in August 2013.
I am still a bit afraid not to submit one as the email does not say "please ignore this email if you have already submitted the document".
Any recommendations?
Yes, unless you're able to clarify it with CIC, I would recommend that you submit another one. Your criminality/security won't pass without it.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
razerblade said:
Yes, unless you're able to clarify it with CIC, I would recommend that you submit another one. Your criminality/security won't pass without it.
Thought so...
Might as well get one and resubmit it despite it being very quite tedious.
I sent an email noting that I already provided this document.
However, based on my prior encounters with CIC, I wouldn't expect them to reply in a short period of time.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
razerblade said:
Just one question though.
The CIC requires me to provide a certified copy of the PCC, which is intended to certify that a photocopy of the document is the same as the original.
Since I will be submitting an original copy, how do I get this certified?

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello Everybody,

I am from Brazil and I will get my PCC from the internet, as suggested by CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/brazil.asp

I will have them translated by a certified translator and will send translation along with document I will print from the internet.

So, my original PCC will be the one provided online.

It should be ok, right?

Tks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
richard.kim said:
Just one question though.
The CIC requires me to provide a certified copy of the PCC, which is intended to certify that a photocopy of the document is the same as the original.
Since I will be submitting an original copy, how do I get this certified?
My understanding is that if you will be submitting the original copy which is already in English, then you don't need to submit a certified copy with it. However, if you're getting it translated to English/French then you need a certified copy and it can be certified as follows (taken from the CEC guide):

Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

I think all you have to do is take the original and the copy you want to get certified to one of the above listed people.