+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question bout status in Canda

bastian14

Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone

2 weeks ago my spouse withdrawal the sponsor application, today i receive the letter from ircc with the notice that my open work permit and permanent residence are canceled.
Now i don't know if with my wife we had a missing understanding about the status that i shall had when we applied a year and half ago. i had a visitor visa permit till july 14 of 2019, we send the application on july 2 but the package was returned on september 3 of 2019 because we missed a certificate that needed to be translate, we re-send the application with the document and the procces start on october 14.

In that moment we thought that when we send the packege for first time and they recieve the package i was under implied status, but i don`t know anymore what is my actual status.
Can i restorate with a visitor visa status? i really don't know what is my status right now
or if can apply to a TPR.
in this moment i'm dealing with the separation/divorce, money, rent, pets and other things in common with my ex wife so have a couple of months here will help me with all of that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

2 weeks ago my spouse withdrawal the sponsor application, today i receive the letter from ircc with the notice that my open work permit and permanent residence are canceled.
Now i don't know if with my wife we had a missing understanding about the status that i shall had when we applied a year and half ago. i had a visitor visa permit till july 14 of 2019, we send the application on july 2 but the package was returned on september 3 of 2019 because we missed a certificate that needed to be translate, we re-send the application with the document and the procces start on october 14.

In that moment we thought that when we send the packege for first time and they recieve the package i was under implied status, but i don`t know anymore what is my actual status.
Can i restorate with a visitor visa status? i really don't know what is my status right now
or if can apply to a TPR.
in this moment i'm dealing with the separation/divorce, money, rent, pets and other things in common with my ex wife so have a couple of months here will help me with all of that
You have been in Canada without status for over a year. You fell out of status when your application was returned in September. It's too late to apply to restore your status. You can certainly try submitting a TRP application. Note that processing times for TRP applications are quite long right now. I believe around eight months.

Reactions: YVR123

bastian14

Nov 13, 2020
You have been in Canada without status for over a year. You fell out of status when your application was returned in September. It's too late to apply to restore your status. You can certainly try submitting a TRP application. Note that processing times for TRP applications are quite long right now. I believe around eight months.
Hi and thanks for your answer, if i apply for the TRP like tomorrow, can i wait for the answer here in Canada or should i leave and wait for the answer in my country? honesty i'm so lost and call to IRCC right now is imposible, they are not answering any call.

thanks so much for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi and thanks for your answer, if i apply for the TRP like tomorrow, can i wait for the answer here in Canada or should i leave and wait for the answer in my country? honesty i'm so lost and call to IRCC right now is imposible, they are not answering any call.

thanks so much for your help.
You can remain in Canada however you will still be out of status while you wait for the application to be processed. So there is always some chance CBSA may order you to leave.

bastian14

Nov 13, 2020
sc
You can remain in Canada however you will still be out of status while you wait for the application to be processed. So there is always some chance CBSA may order you to leave.
hi scylla do you now any way to talk with a ircc agent so i can ask for my status, if they are accepting calls, can i ask about my actual status?
thank you again for your answers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sc

hi scylla do you now any way to talk with a ircc agent so i can ask for my status, if they are accepting calls, can i ask about my actual status?
thank you again for your answers
You can call the IRCC call center during weekdays. It can be hard to get through these days due to the volume of calls. Also, the call centre is only useful for basic questions. They also do not give advice. You'll need to hire a lawyer if you want advice.

Reactions: mashulia_26