+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question at the airport

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Please share the questions asked when you land on spousal open work permit. My partner has the PR application in process and is currently in canada so will that have any effect when they question if I am looking to settle in canada.
all views are welcome!

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
Hi,
As you are on open work permit means ur husband is already there in canada. so the most common ques they would askis where does ur husband live, work and telephone no. Better to keep all proofs with you like address, his ph no his work permit copy, his current employment letter from his current firm. These documents might come in handy if you have a hard luck at the immigration office in the airport and u come across a tough officer. Generally most of them just asks for the Visa approval letter that you received from the embassy. But its better to carry all these documents for just in case situation.

I hope this helps.
let me know if u need any more info.

all the best and congratulations.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
First, note that dual intent is allowed. That is, it is possible to apply for a work/study permit or visitor visa while your PR application is in process and an officer can not use it as a reason to refuse an application. The only difference is, you still need to satisfy the officer(in the case of the work/study permit or visitor visa) that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Ofcourse, you can apply to extend it but you don`t need to tell them.

If the officer asks you about your PR application and whether you plan to settle in Canada, you can say that your wife has submitted the application and if it is approved, you will settle in Canada. But that you have a work permit for now, which you will use to work and you understand the conditions that come with it(make sure you do in case the officer asks for an example) and intend to follow the rules.

canadahelp7 said:
Please share the questions asked when you land on spousal open work permit. My partner has the PR application in process and is currently in canada so will that have any effect when they question if I am looking to settle in canada.
all views are welcome!

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Rajaryan said:
Hi,
As you are on open work permit means ur husband is already there in canada. so the most common ques they would askis where does ur husband live, work and telephone no. Better to keep all proofs with you like address, his ph no his work permit copy, his current employment letter from his current firm. These documents might come in handy if you have a hard luck at the immigration office in the airport and u come across a tough officer. Generally most of them just asks for the Visa approval letter that you received from the embassy. But its better to carry all these documents for just in case situation.

I hope this helps.
let me know if u need any more info.

all the best and congratulations.

Thank you so much - I will carry the documents as I never thought of it but will be handy just in case.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
First, note that dual intent is allowed. That is, it is possible to apply for a work/study permit or visitor visa while your PR application is in process and an officer can not use it as a reason to refuse an application. The only difference is, you still need to satisfy the officer(in the case of the work/study permit or visitor visa) that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Ofcourse, you can apply to extend it but you don`t need to tell them.

If the officer asks you about your PR application and whether you plan to settle in Canada, you can say that your wife has submitted the application and if it is approved, you will settle in Canada. But that you have a work permit for now, which you will use to work and you understand the conditions that come with it(make sure you do in case the officer asks for an example) and intend to follow the rules.
That answers it perfectly well, senoritabella as I was confused on what to answer - appreciate the response.