+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question around PCC from Indian consulate in San Francisco

Abcx

May 23, 2018
I put in US address and US police station and the consulate accepted it yesterday (dropped it off in person) without any issues.

newtocanada2017

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
I put in US address and US police station and the consulate accepted it yesterday (dropped it off in person) without any issues.
Did they return your original passport after verification immediately? Or did they hand it over in evening? I am planning a trip to SFO Consulate for PCC so wanted to understand.

grimrakem

Jul 30, 2018
Hello , Also , Question 8a and 8b asks us to enter police station details. Did you enter those details? There is not much space there , what to enter just police station name would suffice?
8a) Permanent address & Tel no. along with Police Station
8b) Present Residential address & Tel no. along with Police Station and residing since
I know this was over an year back. I am filling the particulars form now and have the same question, is the police station name sufficient for the information on the form where it says "Police Station"

newtocanada2017

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
I know this was over an year back. I am filling the particulars form now and have the same question, is the police station name sufficient for the information on the form where it says "Police Station"
Yes - it worked for me. Just verify with someone in India that Police station is still in place and the address you are providing still falls under its jurisdiction. They sometimes expand/change jurisdiction as the town grows.

greatlekhs1

Sep 11, 2018
I'm a little lost in this process and was wondering if anybody has done this and can help!

My wife and I are planning on mailing in our passports for police verification and I understand that we should send over notarized documents along with our original passports. We also have to send in 2 forms as indicated by the link here: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236
I understand the Miscellaneous Application form but am unsure about the Personal Particulars Proforma

With regards to question 9 ( I have not been a resident at my current apartment for over a year) It says I'm supposed to furnish an additional set of PP forms for every address. I'm not sure what this means, how should those forms be filled out?
I just have one previous address where I lived for a period of 2 years (if that helps)

Also, question 10 asks for references. Are these local references, our friends and neighbors, by where we live (USA) or people from our home country (India)

Does anyone happen to have a sample form that's been filled up? It'd be of great help! Or just a general step by step breakdown of how they went about this.

Thanks!
Hi Amish,

Did you ever find out how the Personal Particular form should be filled out? Please let me know as I am in the same situation regarding question #10 pertaining to References?

Next what about the top section which has the application file No., service type (fresh/reissue), passport issuing office and police verification for the period of stay from... to...? Is that for office use only?

Look forward to your reply.

Thank you!

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
I emailed the embassy, and they said to put Indian address in 8(a) where someone can be there to verify you.
Hi,
You mean 8a) or 8b)?
Can you clarify what you filled in sections 8a) , 8b) and 9). I am currently residing in USA since last 3.5 years.

Last edited: