+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question around PCC from Indian consulate in San Francisco

amishshah

Aug 3, 2017
I'm a little lost in this process and was wondering if anybody has done this and can help!

My wife and I are planning on mailing in our passports for police verification and I understand that we should send over notarized documents along with our original passports. We also have to send in 2 forms as indicated by the link here: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236
I understand the Miscellaneous Application form but am unsure about the Personal Particulars Proforma

With regards to question 9 ( I have not been a resident at my current apartment for over a year) It says I'm supposed to furnish an additional set of PP forms for every address. I'm not sure what this means, how should those forms be filled out?
I just have one previous address where I lived for a period of 2 years (if that helps)

Also, question 10 asks for references. Are these local references, our friends and neighbors, by where we live (USA) or people from our home country (India)

Does anyone happen to have a sample form that's been filled up? It'd be of great help! Or just a general step by step breakdown of how they went about this.

Thanks!

gill2038

Apr 29, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-10-2017
I'm a little lost in this process and was wondering if anybody has done this and can help!

My wife and I are planning on mailing in our passports for police verification and I understand that we should send over notarized documents along with our original passports. We also have to send in 2 forms as indicated by the link here: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236
I understand the Miscellaneous Application form but am unsure about the Personal Particulars Proforma

With regards to question 9 ( I have not been a resident at my current apartment for over a year) It says I'm supposed to furnish an additional set of PP forms for every address. I'm not sure what this means, how should those forms be filled out?
I just have one previous address where I lived for a period of 2 years (if that helps)

Also, question 10 asks for references. Are these local references, our friends and neighbors, by where we live (USA) or people from our home country (India)

Does anyone happen to have a sample form that's been filled up? It'd be of great help! Or just a general step by step breakdown of how they went about this.

Thanks!
I got PCC from SF consulate last month. I entered my indian permanent address which is same as on passport and left the ques 9 blank. I think there are only concerned about your indian address, where u were living before leaving India. References should from your Indian permanent address, not US address. I also got my passport renewed from SF consulate in April and got my PCC back in one week.

amishshah

Aug 3, 2017
I got PCC from SF consulate last month. I entered my indian permanent address which is same as on passport and left the ques 9 blank. I think there are only concerned about your indian address, where u were living before leaving India. References should from your Indian permanent address, not US address. I also got my passport renewed from SF consulate in April and got my PCC back in one week.
Great, thanks! So just to clarify, you didn't enter your current US address in column 8(b)? Should I just leave that blank?

gill2038

Apr 29, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-10-2017
Great, thanks! So just to clarify, you didn't enter your current US address in column 8(b)? Should I just leave that blank?
I entered same address in 8(a) & 8(b). I entered US address in Miscellaneous form where they specifically asked for it.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello , I am trying to apply for Indian PCC in SFO. I am completing the Personal Particulars form and have a question here:
8a) Permanent address & Tel no. along with Police Station
8b) Present Residential address & Tel no. along with Police Station and residing since

Should we mention the police station name as well in this column , this column looks very small though. Can you share your experience?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I entered same address in 8(a) & 8(b). I entered US address in Miscellaneous form where they specifically asked for it.
Hello , Also , Question 8a and 8b asks us to enter police station details. Did you enter those details? There is not much space there , what to enter just police station name would suffice?
8a) Permanent address & Tel no. along with Police Station
8b) Present Residential address & Tel no. along with Police Station and residing since

sk922

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

My PCC request documents reached SF consulate on 03/08 but have not heard from them since.

What is the current time line at SF Consulate and if I want to contact regarding the status of my application is there a contact center number?

Would really appreciate any info. Thank you.

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hey Guys,

My PCC request documents reached SF consulate on 03/08 but have not heard from them since.

What is the current time line at SF Consulate and if I want to contact regarding the status of my application is there a contact center number?

Would really appreciate any info. Thank you.
Did you hear back from the consulate? and if yes, how long did it take?

dunnowatmdoin

Apr 26, 2018
Ref: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236
"Supporting Documents: Photocopy of all supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application. Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORTand the document to be attested."
Supporting documents section indicate we are suppose to submit the passport along with the mailed application. But there is no mentioned on that in the "How to Apply" section.

Can someone clarify if we are suppose to send in original passport in mail or not? Also in mail, which documents need to be notarized?

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
For others who might be in similar situation, my application reached SFO consulate on 3rd May and the passports got dispatched back on 30th May. SO plan for a month approximately.

Unlike others, I did get a response on the only email I had sent them, saying it will take about a month. Hope this helps.

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
What was the amount for the cashier's cheque? Was it $27 or $28?

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Re: Personal Particulars Form, 2 questions:
1) I entered my India address in 8(a), and my US address in 8(b). Is that ok? FYI, the US address is also the one listed on my current PP.
2) I've been at 8(b) address for more than 2 years, so I left Q. 9 blank.

Have I done this correctly?

Also, do I need to send my PP when I mail my application for the PCC? I didn't see any instructions about sending original PP.
If I appeared in person, would it better i.e., they wouldn't take away my PP? I'm leaving for an international trip next month.

Please help! Thanks.

Abcx

May 23, 2018
Re: Personal Particulars Form, 2 questions:
1) I entered my India address in 8(a), and my US address in 8(b). Is that ok? FYI, the US address is also the one listed on my current PP.
2) I've been at 8(b) address for more than 2 years, so I left Q. 9 blank.

Have I done this correctly?
I have the same question. I put in the US address but not sure.