+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question and concern about CIC asked for Passport

samller

Sep 11, 2015
Hi guys,

I received CIC request for my passport, it stated that i have to send it to them within 30 days.
However, i have checked my profile on cic website. The background check selection is still in process and the final decision hasnt been made.

Does anyone know the reason of CIC asking for my passport?

I have heard that if they ever request for passport, that means the decision is already made.

Does this request mean my PR application is approved? If so, does cic website generally slow on updating the status?.

Also, is there any chances thier will not approve my PR even they asked for passport?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Congrats! You ve hot your ppr. The status bar will become passed and case will be close after their stamp in your passport

samller

Sep 11, 2015
valsanail said:
Congrats! You ve hot your ppr. The status bar will become passed and case will be close after their stamp in your passport
I hope so, i am worried if they just sent me the request ahead of completing the background check.

Is that possible people will has a chance getting it rejected in the stage?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samller said:
I hope so, i am worried if they just sent me the request ahead of completing the background check.

Overthinking.

If the letter wants you to submit your passport within 30 days, that is the PPR. Follow the instructions mentioned in the letter. MyCIC status updates need not necessarily coincide with real-time application movements.

saskmydream

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
samller said:
Hi guys,

I received CIC request for my passport, it stated that i have to send it to them within 30 days.
However, i have checked my profile on cic website. The background check selection is still in process and the final decision hasnt been made.

Does anyone know the reason of CIC asking for my passport?

I have heard that if they ever request for passport, that means the decision is already made.

Does this request mean my PR application is approved? If so, does cic website generally slow on updating the status?.

Also, is there any chances thier will not approve my PR even they asked for passport?
guy , my BG went to progess after ppr mail and the second day got approved...hop that help

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samller said:

same happens to me, it is your ppr. they have already completed your background check, but not updated the system yet.

samller

Sep 11, 2015
Thank you for all replies!!!

I will keep you guys updated , i finally see the light from the end of tunnel...

samller

Sep 11, 2015
Timeline:

ITA: FSW, Aug2015
sent PR application: End of Oct 2015
AOR: a day after PR application sent
PCC request letter: Nov 11, 2015
PPR: Mar 23, 2016

Hope this help a bit.

And good luck to everyone

IMMICANQUERY

Mar 24, 2016
Hi Folks,

I am also in a similar situation. i.e. I have received a mail from CIC to send my passport to the High Commission in Canada within 30 days of the mail.
However, my profile on CIC website - Background Verification is still in process and the final decision hasn't been made yet.

----- Hopefully I am through with the process and should receive a positive response-----
---------------
Case Details:
Primary Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 31/01/2018
Dependent Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 01/02/2017

we plan to travel to Canada latest by 1st September 2016.
------------------
I have few questions:
With the above details, the dependent's passport will have less than the required 6 months of validity at the time of travel to Canada (i.e. on 1st September), if granted PR.
1.a - Should we get the passports stamped with the existing expiry dates, and then get the passports re-issued.
1.b - If we follow 1.a, then whether the VISA on the old passport be valid with the new (re-issued) passport as well.
1.c - If the VISA will not be valid on the new (re-issued) passport, then what is the process of getting the VISA stamped on the new passport.

2.a - Should we get the passports re-issued and get the new passports stamped with the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.b - While sending the new passports, are we also required to send the old passports to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.c - Please confirm that the changed passport numbers would not affect the authenticity and validity of my application.
2.d - Where and with whom are we supposed to update the new (re-issued) passport numbers - CIC OR the High Commission of Canada New Delhi,or Both.
2.e - Please enumerate the process of updating the new (re-issued) passports details with both - CIC and High Commission of Canada New Delhi

Request you to kindly suggest the best way so as to get the Visa Stamped on our passports.i.e. Whether, I should send existing passports OR the renewed passports.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMMICANQUERY said:
Hi Folks,

I am also in a similar situation. i.e. I have received a mail from CIC to send my passport to the High Commission in Canada within 30 days of the mail.
However, my profile on CIC website - Background Verification is still in process and the final decision hasn't been made yet.

----- Hopefully I am through with the process and should receive a positive response-----
---------------
Case Details:
Primary Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 31/01/2018
Dependent Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 01/02/2017

we plan to travel to Canada latest by 1st September 2016.
------------------
I have few questions:
With the above details, the dependent's passport will have less than the required 6 months of validity at the time of travel to Canada (i.e. on 1st September), if granted PR.
1.a - Should we get the passports stamped with the existing expiry dates, and then get the passports re-issued.
1.b - If we follow 1.a, then whether the VISA on the old passport be valid with the new (re-issued) passport as well.
1.c - If the VISA will not be valid on the new (re-issued) passport, then what is the process of getting the VISA stamped on the new passport.

2.a - Should we get the passports re-issued and get the new passports stamped with the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.b - While sending the new passports, are we also required to send the old passports to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.c - Please confirm that the changed passport numbers would not affect the authenticity and validity of my application.
2.d - Where and with whom are we supposed to update the new (re-issued) passport numbers - CIC OR the High Commission of Canada New Delhi,or Both.
2.e - Please enumerate the process of updating the new (re-issued) passports details with both - CIC and High Commission of Canada New Delhi

Request you to kindly suggest the best way so as to get the Visa Stamped on our passports.i.e. Whether, I should send existing passports OR the renewed passports.
Just send the passports (as they are) to NDVO at the earliest - use VFS for this.

Land in Canada as planned in Sep '16 and renew your passports at the Consulate General of India in Toronto any time after landing in Canada. This is the least complicated way.

Congratulations & All the best!

IMMICANQUERY

Mar 24, 2016
Hi,

We are planning to get the passports re-issued in India before getting them stamped (as it would take only 3-4 days). Once we get the New Passports, and send them for stamping (with old passports), would the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi reject our application on the grounds of different passport number.

Please highlight if you are aware of any such precedence.

Regards
RV

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
IMMICANQUERY said:
Hi,

We are planning to get the passports re-issued in India before getting them stamped (as it would take only 3-4 days). Once we get the New Passports, and send them for stamping (with old passports), would the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi reject our application on the grounds of different passport number.

Please highlight if you are aware of any such precedence.

Regards
RV

no they wont but it will delay your visa stamping process by 1-2 week as they will have to ask your VO which is processing your application to update details of your new passports.

Once they are renewed, you have to raise a cse to your VO so that they can update them in your file.

This is my case btw. I got my pp renewed on march 07, provided them the scan copy of it on the same day.

got PPR on 11 march, submitted new passport on 14 march with LoE about new passport to visa stamping office.

on 23 march I got CIC email (reply on CSE that documents I have provided are now attached to my file). Now my stamping process will begin. I believe 10 days more from 23 march. :)

IMMICANQUERY

Mar 24, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed response..(Please forgive my ignorance.. but what's PPR and CSE).

In addition to sending the LoE along with the passports to visa stamping office in New Delhi, is it a mandate/ recommended to raise a case to VO (I think its Visa Officer) and send the scanned copy of our renewed passport.

If yes, then kindly let me know the following as per your response:

1. Then what are the steps to raise a case to VO.
2. How do we understand who is our VO and what is his email id.
3. Who and what email id do we send our scanned copies of renewed passports to?

Thanks!

Regards
RV

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
IMMICANQUERY said:
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed response..(Please forgive my ignorance.. but what's PPR and CSE). CSE = Case Specific Enquiry and PPR is passport request containing 30 days deadline to submit passport for visa stamping

In addition to sending the LoE along with the passports to visa stamping office in New Delhi, is it a mandate/ recommended to raise a case to VO (I think its Visa Officer) and send the scanned copy of our renewed passport. By VO i meant visa office which is New Delhi for India - i suppose

If yes, then kindly let me know the following as per your response:

1. Then what are the steps to raise a case to VO. please go: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp - Search India and click your respective visa office link. A new page will open, there scroll down and you will see a link to CSE where you can update them about new passports and also attach the bio data page of renewed passports
2. How do we understand who is our VO and what is his email id. Refer my response for point # 1
3. Who and what email id do we send our scanned copies of renewed passports to? Refer my response for point # 1

Thanks!

Regards
RV