+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Young professional VISA

S.Paul

Mar 23, 2020
Hello. My name is Santiago, from Spain.
I have a WHV, expiring this September and i want to apply for the Young Professional Visa for another year. I live in Golden B.C, I currently DO NOT have a contract, but my employer is willing to do so.

My questions are:

1: My future employer is willing to provide the job offer that the visa requires for me, the job would be Ranch Manager or Foreman 25 hours a week. Do i need to have a SIN number to apply for the Young Professionals Visa? I have applied online for my SIN number more than a month ago, but i guess due to COVID delays it has not arrived yet.

2. How does the job offer has to be in order to ve valid for the visa application? Is it just something the employer makes up saying he is willing to hire me and describing the job?

3. What else do i need to provide myself and is it any other thing my employer needs to do? I read he has to pay a fee and also fill up some forms but we don't know how or where to do that.

4. Does my employer need to apply for a LMIA in order to hire me under the Young Professional international experience? I read that he doesn't because i will be in a manager position and that is exempt, but i would like to have a confirmation of that.

Thank you very much in advance and regards.

Santiago

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. My name is Santiago, from Spain.
I have a WHV, expiring this September and i want to apply for the Young Professional Visa for another year. I live in Golden B.C, I currently DO NOT have a contract, but my employer is willing to do so.

My questions are:

1: My future employer is willing to provide the job offer that the visa requires for me, the job would be Ranch Manager or Foreman 25 hours a week. Do i need to have a SIN number to apply for the Young Professionals Visa? I have applied online for my SIN number more than a month ago, but i guess due to COVID delays it has not arrived yet.

2. How does the job offer has to be in order to ve valid for the visa application? Is it just something the employer makes up saying he is willing to hire me and describing the job?

3. What else do i need to provide myself and is it any other thing my employer needs to do? I read he has to pay a fee and also fill up some forms but we don't know how or where to do that.

4. Does my employer need to apply for a LMIA in order to hire me under the Young Professional international experience? I read that he doesn't because i will be in a manager position and that is exempt, but i would like to have a confirmation of that.

Thank you very much in advance and regards.

Santiago
1. You don't need a SIN. Note that you need to be living in Spain when you applied for the YP. Applying from Canada won't work. Additionally, there needs to be a three month break between the time your current work permit ends and you submit your profile for the YP.
2. You need a signed job offer letter or contract from your employer in Canada and that job must be related to your education and/or previous work experience.
3. See above.
4. No LMIA required.
2. Your employer needs to provide you with a job offer

S.Paul

Mar 23, 2020
Thanks for your answer.
I also have been reading that i can apply for an extension of my current Visa, in the official IEC site i read i could apply for an extension if:
  • "your original offer of employment was for a shorter amount of time than you’re eligible for, and
  • your new offer of employment does not put you over the maximum amount of time that you’re eligible for"
So: what does that mean exactly. I would be elegible for another year just if i got the young professional visa, then, can i apply for another year extension to continue my job if i provide the job offer and all? It is not very clear.
What is the point to apply for an extension of your visa if you're not supposed to apply for longer than your visa permits, doesn't make much sense..
And i would like to know if i also had to leave for 3 months in between in case i got the extension.
What would you recommend me to do. I am a bit confused.

Thank you very much for your help!