+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about WP - Seniors Please Help

D

DenverCO

Dear All,

I moved to Canada from USA on a Temporary WP Just 2 months back and I have 10 more months on my WP). LMO was not required as it was an intra company transfer (My employer is the same in USA and Canada).

I have the following questions. Would greatly appreciate if seniors on this forum can provide your insight:

- Can I change my employer in Canada? I am fed-up with my current employer and want to look for other options. If I change my employer can I transfer my WP to my new employer (similar to H1 system in USA). I am guessing It is not so easy. Please advise on the process to be followed if it is not so simple to transfer the WP to another employer.
- If I stick with the same employer and want to extend my WP for another year, would I still need LMO? (Initially I did not needed LMO, as it was a Intra Company transfer).

Thanks in advance for your help & time. Please take a few minutes and help me figure out what is the best thing for me.

D

DenverCO

Can the seniors on the forum help me with my questions please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need an LMO if you want to work for a different employer.

D

DenverCO

Thank You.

Can I file for a LMO while working on the current Job and take-up that job if LMO is approved? Sorry if I am asking too many silly questions, I am a new bee here!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DenverCO said:
Thank You.

Can I file for a LMO while working on the current Job and take-up that job if LMO is approved? Sorry if I am asking too many silly questions, I am a new bee here!
1. Only an employer can file for an LMO after advertising. They can file while you continue to work in your old job.

D

DenverCO

PMM said:
Hi

1. Only an employer can file for an LMO after advertising. They can file while you continue to work in your old job.
Dear PMM - Thank you for the response. Just need some more clarification. Will the companies hire first and then file for the LMO? Even when the LMO is in process - can I still continue with my current employer and continue to work in my old job? Please advise. Than you in advance.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
The will more likely the offer will be "dependent" on them getting the LMO for you. They aren't going to sign a contract with anyone until they know they can actually employ them.