+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about work permit with lmia

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hello to averyone I have a question about the work experience.
Instead of the work experience letter can I submit my bachelor's degree as a proof of experience?
I'm applying for a work permit as a cook and I have a 3 years degree in culinary arts. This would be really good for me if I can do it because It would be really hard to get a letter of work experience for my past 2 jobs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello to averyone I have a question about the work experience.
Instead of the work experience letter can I submit my bachelor's degree as a proof of experience?
I'm applying for a work permit as a cook and I have a 3 years degree in culinary arts. This would be really good for me if I can do it because It would be really hard to get a letter of work experience for my past 2 jobs.
No - you can't substitute your bachelor degree for a work experience letter. The bachelor degree doesn't prove what job you had.

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
They want your money.
It's not my money… my company is paying.

I have another cuestions

1) I'm working right now in Canada. So can I ask my previous employers to write and sign the letter and then send me a picture or something by email and I upload it? Or do I need the original copy ? Because I'm really short of time and I don't think I can't wait 20 dais for the letter to arrive via mail.
I don't know if I'm clear

2) on the company that I was working on my home country almost of the time that I work the (1.5 years) I worked under the table except for the last 5 months. Is that a problem for the letter of experience or for my apliapplica?

Last edited:

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
It's not my money… my company is paying.

I have another cuestions

1) I'm working right now in Canada. So can I ask my previous employers to write and sign the letter and then send me a picture or something by email and I upload it? Or do I need the original copy ? Because I'm really short of time and I don't think I can't wait 20 dais for the letter to arrive via mail.
I don't know if I'm clear

2) on the company that I was working on my home country almost of the time that I work the (1.5 years) I worked under the table except for the last 5 months. Is that a problem for the letter of experience or for my apliapplica?
Employment Records and Reference Letters are important it show's that,you have/had work for the company and also outlines your job title,salary,duties on job,pay slips and any other benefits. Bachelor Degree are education letters not work experience and your agent is wrong. Is your agent a Immigration Lawyer or Certified Consultant?Looks like he doesn't know what he is talking or doing.

So,you are already in Canada or you are outside Canada as you said,you are applying for Work Permit,is it extension?

1st answer for your question.
yes,you can contact your previous legal employers and tell them to write Experience Letter and Employment Reference Letter on their Letter pad with company original seal which has sign,name and number etc.There is no need to send them by mail unless you are applying paper application,if you are submitting an application online then,you must ask them to scan the original letter and send you by e-mail,it will just be fine.

2nd answer for your question.
Why did you work under the table in India if it was your home country.No,it's not good to submit such documents where you work under the table because you have no proof and was it taxable amount for that job.Don't put such letter from the place where you worked under the table. Just put the documents which are genuine,it will affect your application. If you can explain in which job you worked under the table and why in this thread,then maybe there might be solution but Genuine application is best for your application.

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Employment Records and Reference Letters are important it show's that,you have/had work for the company and also outlines your job title,salary,duties on job,pay slips and any other benefits. Bachelor Degree are education letters not work experience and your agent is wrong. Is your agent a Immigration Lawyer or Certified Consultant?Looks like he doesn't know what he is talking or doing.

So,you are already in Canada or you are outside Canada as you said,you are applying for Work Permit,is it extension?

1st answer for your question.
yes,you can contact your previous legal employers and tell them to write Experience Letter and Employment Reference Letter on their Letter pad with company original seal which has sign,name and number etc.There is no need to send them by mail unless you are applying paper application,if you are submitting an application online then,you must ask them to scan the original letter and send you by e-mail,it will just be fine.

2nd answer for your question.
Why did you work under the table in India if it was your home country.No,it's not good to submit such documents where you work under the table because you have no proof and was it taxable amount for that job.Don't put such letter from the place where you worked under the table. Just put the documents which are genuine,it will affect your application. If you can explain in which job you worked under the table and why in this thread,then maybe there might be solution but Genuine application is best for your application.

First of all thank you for your answer.

1- yes he is a certified consoultant. I check that on this page ( http://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search-new/EN ) i dont know if I can check that on another page or something.

2- Im in canada working at this moment with an open work permit. And Im traing to stay working in the same company that im right now. I have been working there for aprox. 7 months. (im working as a line cook)

3- Im not from India, im from Argentina. And i worked under the table because unfourtunately I would say 90% of the jobs as a cook are under the table, because of the poor regulations and the poor interest of the goverment. Its very sad but its the truth, I worked under the table as a cook for 2 yers in argentina, I know that its not correct but it is what we have there sadly

4- yes my consultant told me that i could provide proof of work experience or my diplima in culinary arts as a suport socument for my aplication for work permit (im waiting for the LMIA decision and I'm not going to apply for PR right now just work permit )

Last edited:

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
First of all thank you for your answer.

1- yes he is a certified consoultant. I check that on this page ( http://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search-new/EN ) i dont know if I can check that on another page or something.

2- Im in canada working at this moment with an open work permit. And Im traing to stay working in the same company that im right now. I have been working there for aprox. 7 months. (im working as a line cook)

3- Im not from India, im from Argentina. And i worked under the table because unfourtunately I would say 90% of the jobs as a cook are under the table, because of the poor regulations and the poor interest of the goverment. Its very sad but its the truth, I worked under the table as a cook for 2 yers in argentina, I know that its not correct but it is what we have there sadly

4- yes my consultant told me that i could provide proof of work experience or my diplima in culinary arts as a suport socument for my aplication for work permit (im waiting for the LMIA decision and I'm not going to apply for PR right now just work permit )
Yes,that's write one and i think it's official Iccrc website. is your open work permit expiring?you can extend open work permit if it possible.
Sorry about the country,i was thought i saw India as your country,while it was other post i replied and got confused.
Yes,it will be fine if you also add your diploma in culinary arts certificate and also your experience letters.what documents did you submitted when you first applied for Canadian Open Work Permit,if you did submit documents,when you first applied then,don't add other ones,they will cross check your previous information if it is true or not. if possible then,just stick to what documents you have.

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Yes,that's write one and i think it's official Iccrc website. is your open work permit expiring?you can extend open work permit if it possible.
Sorry about the country,i was thought i saw India as your country,while it was other post i replied and got confused.
Yes,it will be fine if you also add your diploma in culinary arts certificate and also your experience letters.what documents did you submitted when you first applied for Canadian Open Work Permit,if you did submit documents,when you first applied then,don't add other ones,they will cross check your previous information if it is true or not. if possible then,just stick to what documents you have.
Im here with the international experience Canada program. I can't remember right now the documents that I submitted but I'm pretty sure that I didn't submit work experience letter or my diploma.
Yes my work permit is expiring in 2 months and my employer applied for the LMIA like 3 weeks ago.
So is going to be enough with my diploma.only ? Or do you recommend both the diploma and Work experience letter?

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Im here with the international experience Canada program. I can't remember right now the documents that I submitted but I'm pretty sure that I didn't submit work experience letter or my diploma.
Yes my work permit is expiring in 2 months and my employer applied for the LMIA like 3 weeks ago.
So is going to be enough with my diploma.only ? Or do you recommend both the diploma and Work experience letter?
I recommend both your Diploma and Work experience letter,both are needed. To make it more better,you already have Canadian experience as cook. You should add your current employment records and references letter from Canada. As for your home country you can add genuine work experience letter.
anyway your Canadian experience letter will be enough because it means more than your home country experience..

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
I recommend both your Diploma and Work experience letter,both are needed. To make it more better,you already have Canadian experience as cook. You should add your current employment records and references letter from Canada. As for your home country you can add genuine work experience letter.
anyway your Canadian experience letter will be enough because it means more than your home country experience..
Thank you very much. You were really helpful.
I'm kinda stress with all this matter.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thank you very much. You were really helpful.
I'm kinda stress with all this matter.
No problem and don't stress in this matter,almost every answer you can find on internet. Just make sure,you submit all application required by application guide made inside or outside Canada.double check your application even you are using an consultant.