+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about visitor records and PR applications

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So my neighbour has filed for her PR twice now under inland, and in both times it was rejected for being incomplete. His wife is from a non exempt country and is currently in Canada on a TRV. She applied for an extension in January and received notification and a visitor record good until mid-March 2017. They are re-submitting a complete application for outland sponsorship this weekend, after having gathered all the documents previously missed or incomplete.

My question relates to the visitor record. His wife wants to travel home in June for a month and my concern is that with the recent visitor record, and a new application, there is a risk she won't be able to re-enter. Once she leaves, does the visitor record become void? My gut feeling is she would be better to wait out the PR processing (their case seems pretty straight forward...married 12 years, one child with dual citizenship, re-settled in Canada and well established in the last year, minimal age difference) and then travel home and complete the landing on arrival rather than risk a refusal at the border returning in July. Any opinions would be appreciated.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if she applied for outland, she can travel outside Canada.

show CBSA a proof of her outland application, she would be fine.

by the time she travels, she may receive sponsor approval letter, then she can show that CBSA.

p.s if she doest not have any record that being deported etc, she would be fine re-enter Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks Floomy.
I thought about the chances of having received the AOR and SA by the time she travelled back. Just a little concerned they might (as is the possibility with anyone with a TRV) deny her entry at the border. Guess I need to read up on dual intent and how she should present it to CBSA on her return.

Appreciate the advice.