+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Visitor application for minor

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,

My 14 years old daughter's applying to Canada for a summer camp trip. So far I've listed her as Visitor, with purpose "Other" since she's only staying for a month. I know that I can sign the main Application for her online since she's underage, but what about the other forms? The Family Information & Release Personal Information forms need signatures but don't say if a parent can sign it instead of her. Also, if I can sign the forms for my daughter does my husband need to sign with me as well? or can I just do the papers by myself?

It's really confusing and I'm very worried for my daughter's visa. I consulted some people but they were no help. If anyone has any experience with this situation your help's greatly appreciated.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

My 14 years old daughter's applying to Canada for a summer camp trip. So far I've listed her as Visitor, with purpose "Other" since she's only staying for a month. I know that I can sign the main Application for her online since she's underage, but what about the other forms? The Family Information & Release Personal Information forms need signatures but don't say if a parent can sign it instead of her. Also, if I can sign the forms for my daughter does my husband need to sign with me as well? or can I just do the papers by myself?

It's really confusing and I'm very worried for my daughter's visa. I consulted some people but they were no help. If anyone has any experience with this situation your help's greatly appreciated.
You can sign them, and they'll accept the forms. A lot of people actually also submit those forms online without signing.