Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
Hi, so my situation is as follows!

I graduated from Humber last summer, got my work visa and PGWP. However my PGWP was only for a year, because my passport was expiring and they do not issue the permit for longer than the PP expiry!

I came home in December 2015, but due to some personal reasons have had to remain in the country till now.

The issue is that my TRV has expired (but my PGWP is valid till December 2016), which I can extend for 2 more years)

I have renewed my Passport now, is there anything I can do from Pakistan? Do I have to apply for a new TRV or Apply for a TRV extension!? Very confused as I'm running out of time!

Thank you all for your time!
Andrew

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
bump, please anyone?

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
Edmo guy Naveed said:
you must need a trv , without trv you can not travel.
Hi,

I am aware of that, I want to know how to extend/apply for my TRV outside of Canada?

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
canuck_in_uk said:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=apply+trv
As much as I appreciate that reply!

I know all that!

As it si withing 90 days of my TRV expiry, I need to extend it, the link you showed leads me to apply for a NEW TRV!

The problem is that whenever I try to answer the questionnaire online, it leads me to the Post Graduate Work Permit Page! That is not what I need! I need to get to the (im guessing) Application to extend my stay in canada as a visitor or trv holder form!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cussyandrew said:
As much as I appreciate that reply!

I know all that!

As it si withing 90 days of my TRV expiry, I need to extend it, the link you showed leads me to apply for a NEW TRV!

The problem is that whenever I try to answer the questionnaire online, it leads me to the Post Graduate Work Permit Page! That is not what I need! I need to get to the (im guessing) Application to extend my stay in canada as a visitor or trv holder form!
1. TRVs can't be extended, you have to apply for a new one. You are confusing restoration of an Immigration permit within 90 days of expiry, with obtaining a TRV.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cussyandrew said:

Where are you getting this from??? As said above, you are pretty confused.

You need a new TRV.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Although others have already explained it clearly, in particular the things you perceive incorrectly. Still here is some clarification.

TRV is separate from PGWP.

TRV is needed for entry to Canada. Your PGWP might still be valid (or could be renewed based upon your passport expiry), which allows you to work in Canada.

But CBSA would need a TRV to allow you entry to Canada (assuming being Pakistani, you are not visa exempt).

Normally when some one applies from outside Canada, they are issued BOTH together i.e. a TRV stamped on passport AND approval for Study / Work permit. The actual permit is issued upon landing. This is because you need TRV for entry any way.

What you need to do is apply online for TRV (pretty similar to how people apply for visit visa). Provide your PGWP along to clarify that you need TRV for entry explaining your situation.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
fkl said:
Although others have already explained it clearly, in particular the things you perceive incorrectly. Still here is some clarification.

TRV is separate from PGWP.

TRV is needed for entry to Canada. Your PGWP might still be valid (or could be renewed based upon your passport expiry), which allows you to work in Canada.

But CBSA would need a TRV to allow you entry to Canada (assuming being Pakistani, you are not visa exempt).

Normally when some one applies from outside Canada, they are issued BOTH together i.e. a TRV stamped on passport AND approval for Study / Work permit. The actual permit is issued upon landing. This is because you need TRV for entry any way.

What you need to do is apply online for TRV (pretty similar to how people apply for visit visa). Provide your PGWP along to clarify that you need TRV for entry explaining your situation.
So if I apply for a TRV from Pakistan, I would get a letter I could use to get my extended work permit upon landing right?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cussyandrew said:
So if I apply for a TRV from Pakistan, I would get a letter I could use to get my extended work permit upon landing right?
Normally yes, but i didn't look at your time line closely. Your PGWP is only valid for another month and a half.

So i have doubts CIC would issue you a TRV based upon a PGWP that is valid for that less a time frame.

To me the best case scenario for you is to submit a PGWP application from home country. Once approved, this would include a TRV, and obviously would have your explaination for your situation which makes you eligible for this.

Obviously this would take longer.

You could of course try a TRV now, with all the details AND PROVIDING PROOF THAT you are eligible for extension of PGWP since your current PGWP is about to become invalid. Also proof of why you came back and remained outside of Canada. STill i am not sure how CIC would treat this.

It is possible that they refuse TRV saying you should apply for PGWP renewal. But it is also possible that they approve a short duration single entry TRV and you enter Canada and get your work permit extended there. This is just perception though and not concrete info.

If i were in your shoes and i wanted to get to Canada asap, i would try TRV first and then PGWP if TRV is refused.

If i wasn't in a hurry to get there and wanted to play safe, i would simply apply for PGWP (including TRV) from home country and would only go once its approved.