+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about translation of documents.

lacr2811

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Gracias por la respuesta!

Ahora solo queda esperar! tu andas tmb esperando? cual es tu timeline
En mi caso recién recibimos la invitación la semana pasada y estamos recopilando lo documentos (Esposo y yo)! Aun no cargamos la aplicación pero estamos enviando todo, incluso los exámenes medicos! Por tu timeline de seguro pronto te sale :) con suerte esperamos que en 4 meses este lista la de nosotros!

LeoRei

May 13, 2014
Hola! Nosotros manos o menos igual. Recibimos ITA a principio de Agosto.
Lo de los documentos certificados nos tiene locos porque el traductor insiste en que sin legalizar en el ministerio de relaciones exteriores los documentos no sirven. Uds hicieron todo eso? Yo estuve dos años en Canada con visa de estudiante y no hizo falta. Y tampoco lo pidieron los de WES...

Reactions: lacr2811

pomara1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Lo de los documentos certificados nos tiene locos porque el traductor insiste en que sin legalizar en el ministerio de relaciones exteriores los documentos no sirven. Uds hicieron todo eso? Yo estuve dos años en Canada con visa de estudiante y no hizo falta. Y tampoco lo pidieron los de WES...
A mi el traductor mio me dijo que no era necesario. Y luego hable con otra y me dijo lo mismo.. la verdad no estoy completamrntr seguro pero ya mande los documentos asi..

Reactions: LeoRei

pomara1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Por
Eso fue lo aue me dijeron por lo menos con lo que respecta al PCC y la carta de trabajo..

lacr2811

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Yo tengo el caso de amigos que les han aprobado sin estar notariados; sin embargo nuestros documentos si los hicimos certificar mas no apostillar, aunque es todo un lío con la situación actual de Venezuela, nos toco hacer eso para sentirnos un poco mas tranquilos

Reactions: LeoRei and pomara1

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got

I got my documents translated by a certified public interpreter. He is certified by the minister of internal affairs and justice and has his own seal and is publicly lited in the offixial website of the venezuela gpvernment. However, he told me that they dont notarize here english translations (i didnt check if it is true).. ehat i could have done was to notiriE the doxuments in spanish. However, due to time constraints i sent them just eith the english translation and the original copy of it
Of course he needs to be an official translator, otherwise anyone can translate it and it would not be reliable. As you said, the translator does not have the authority to notarize the documents. You mentioned that the constraints were an issue. What i suggest is that, you can raise CSE and submit the notarized documents before it is too late.

pomara1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Of course he needs to be an official translator, otherwise anyone can translate it and it would not be reliable. As you said, the translator does not have the authority to notarize the documents. You mentioned that the constraints were an issue. What i suggest is that, you can raise CSE and submit the notarized documents before it is too late.
Hello Student,

So you mean notirize the documents in the original language, not the translation?

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
There are hundreds of hundreds officers interpret the regulation differently. To be safe, you need to get notarize after translation.
They may accept your translation. The officer can reject the translation if it is not notarized.

"An affidavit for a translation is a document stating that the translation is a true and accurate version of the original text. The translator swears in front of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator lives, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document."

It has to be sworn in front of "a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country", which is a notary public.

The term "Certified translator" is used exclusively for only translator who are classified as a certified member in translation association in Canada.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Student,

So you mean notirize the documents in the original language, not the translation?
No. The original documents does not need to be notarized. Besides it does not make sense. The notary cannot verify the information contained in the original document. Only the organization/governmental body which issued the document can do that.

Notary certifies the translation (e.g. the person who translated the document is not random, and the document is translated properly and according to the national/regional laws). Thus, the notary is way for CIC to know that the translation of the document indeed contains the same information in the original language.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the translation of my PCC from my country and work experience letter.

So, I translated the documents with a Certified public interpreter from my Country. He added an affidavit of accuracy of the original document as well as the phrase where he certifies that "the following is a true and faithful translation into English of the attached document". He signed and sealed the document and I added the original copy of the document to the PDF file.

So, my question is the following, being him a certified public interpreter, did I need to also use a public notary for the document? or just the way I did it was fine. I would like to know this so I go to the Notary and send it through a CSE. The problem is that for some reason in my country to Notary a document involves a time consuming process.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Hello,

I have a similar situation, actually I had a document in my native language which I got translated from a local legal translator (not the Canadian certified) into English in Dubai. The translator certified the correctness of the translation and told me its good to be sent to CIC, since they have been doing it this way for quite some time.It might vary from country to country.

You are already at NA2 stage,do you think they still have not gone through the translated document?

pomara1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have a similar situation, actually I had a document in my native language which I got translated from a local legal translator (not the Canadian certified) into English in Dubai. The translator certified the correctness of the translation and told me its good to be sent to CIC, since they have been doing it this way for quite some time.It might vary from country to country.

You are already at NA2 stage,do you think they still have not gone through the translated document?
Thats what the traslator told me as well.... I don't know if they have. I do hope so though

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I'm currently doing spousal sponsorship application. my wife is from Venezuela and I live in Ottawa. I was told the birth certificate and police record check just needs to be translated and certified as a true copy. Seriously a hassle getting those documents especially if you don't live on the mainland. my wife lives on Margarita Island. So she needs to ask a family member that lives in Caracas to handle it for her.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I like to know if I can translate and certified both birth certificate and police record check in Canada if I have the original copies that are sent from my wife. She lives in Venezuela and I live in Ottawa and I'm sponsoring her.

pomara1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I like to know if I can translate and certified both birth certificate and police record check in Canada if I have the original copies that are sent from my wife. She lives in Venezuela and I live in Ottawa and I'm sponsoring her.
Hello Calvin, the police certificate is not that difficult to get. It is a online document that you need to request. I used a certified translator from Venezuela and my application went through just fine. However if u want to go on the safe side just hire a certified translator from Canada (its more pricey but ull feel more safe)..