+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the wording on UAE police certificate

robstark

Jul 28, 2015
Has anyone got a police certificate from UAE? I got one from Dubai and was unpleasantly surprised by how sloppy it was.

In particular, the wording is strange and ungrammatical:

"This is to Certify that the Character of the person mentioned above, during his stay, he has been Good, as to the date of this certificate"

Is this standard wording they use? Will I have any problems with this?

P.S.

Funny thing is that the wording on my wife's certificate is correct and professional:

"This is to certify that the bearer of this certificate whose photo and description are shown above, has no previous convictions as to the date of issuance of this certificate".

poojasathe

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 ITA
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
Meds Cleared 11-09-2015
Passport Req..
17-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
13-APR-16
Me and my husband are in dubai and also got similar letters from Dubai police.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robstark said:
Has anyone got a police certificate from UAE? I got one from Dubai and was unpleasantly surprised by how sloppy it was.

In particular, the wording is strange and ungrammatical:

"This is to Certify that the Character of the person mentioned above, during his stay, he has been Good, as to the date of this certificate"

Is this standard wording they use? Will I have any problems with this?

P.S.

Funny thing is that the wording on my wife's certificate is correct and professional:

"This is to certify that the bearer of this certificate whose photo and description are shown above, has no previous convictions as to the date of issuance of this certificate".
Meh..As long as it's an official document, I wouldn't worry about it. It might be tacky and unprofessional but as long as CIC accepts it you'll be good :D

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recently got my PCC from Dubai and my issue is with the validity statement. To be specific, it says that the PCC is valid for 3 months.. Do your PCCs have that statement too?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Yes, UAE PCC has that statement mentioned on it that it is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
You need not worry if you are not staying in UAE anymore after the PCC was issued to you.
If you are currently staying and applying from UAE, then you need to obtain the UAE PCC only after you receive ITA.
Exception cases - If you are applying for any PNP programme like SINP, where you need to submit the PCC at the time of application for that particular PNP.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Yes, UAE PCC has that statement mentioned on it that it is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
You need not worry if you are not staying in UAE anymore after the PCC was issued to you.
If you are currently staying and applying from UAE, then you need to obtain the UAE PCC only after you receive ITA.
Exception cases - If you are applying for any PNP programme like SINP, where you need to submit the PCC at the time of application for that particular PNP.
Thanks sushmart!