+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the PR photo. URGENT since I have to take photos tomorrow!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Hi,

I have landing next week and it my landing letter it says to bring 2 photos. I guess they will be used for the PR card. In the letter there are instructions and everything to follow, instructions for me and for the photographer.

However during this whole process I have come to realize that so called professionals often aren't that great. Therefore I want to ensure that the photographer is doing their job when I get there. In order to do so I need to understand the instructions. I understand most of it but there is a question that I have.

In the letter it says, among other things, the following:
"Be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable."
"Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)."

The second one, pretty clear, one of the two photos needs to have the date the photo was taken on the back. I guess that's what they mean by "one print"? One photo.

However, as you can see, it also mentions that both photos needs to have "backing which accepts and retains the date".

Maybe its my english but I simply just don't understand. They say that one photo needs the date it was taken on the back...but then it also says that both photos needs backing which accepts and retains the date. What does this even mean?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
SamHom said:
Hi,

I have landing next week and it my landing letter it says to bring 2 photos. I guess they will be used for the PR card. In the letter there are instructions and everything to follow, instructions for me and for the photographer.

However during this whole process I have come to realize that so called professionals often aren't that great. Therefore I want to ensure that the photographer is doing their job when I get there. In order to do so I need to understand the instructions. I understand most of it but there is a question that I have.

In the letter it says, among other things, the following:
"Be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable."
"Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)."

The second one, pretty clear, one of the two photos needs to have the date the photo was taken on the back. I guess that's what they mean by "one print"? One photo.

However, as you can see, it also mentions that both photos needs to have "backing which accepts and retains the date".

Maybe its my english but I simply just don't understand. They say that one photo needs the date it was taken on the back...but then it also says that both photos needs backing which accepts and retains the date. What does this even mean?
"backing which accepts and retains the date" means appropriate photographic paper.
Just take the instructions with you and you will be fine. I know you are very stressed out, but really, this is the part when you have no more reasons to be stressed out. You were approved as a permanent resident, the rest is just formality. There are so many very bad stories on this forum but I cannot recall a single one that had started at the landing interview.