+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the IEC/Holiday Working Visa

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'd like to get some information.

My niece is from Australia and she's living here in Canada right now, she wants to work here but she is just a visitor in Canada.
We were looking into the IEC program since she is an Australian Citizen it looks like she could be eligible for the visa, but there is a question where CIC is asking to have a round trip ticket but she is here already.

Does anyone know how this work?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'd like to get some information.

My niece is from Australia and she's living here in Canada right now, she wants to work here but she is just a visitor in Canada.
We were looking into the IEC program since she is an Australian Citizen it looks like she could be eligible for the visa, but there is a question where CIC is asking to have a round trip ticket but she is here already.

Does anyone know how this work?
A round trip ticket is not required for IEC permit holders and would be impossible anyway with a 2 year permit given airlines only issue tickets upto 12 months out from issue date.

The requirement for a ticket is to be able to show if asked on landing and activating an IEC permit that someone might have funds to be able to purchase a ticket to return home when time comes at end of their stay. Pretty meaningless statement looking 2 years out from a landing but this is a generic requirement for all applicants , any country.

When she applies for an IEC she will need of course if still in Canada to flagpole to activate her permit so keep in mind she will still need to meet the landing requirements, proof of access to 2500 cdn, travel insurance for full term and passport valid beyond the term. Travel insurance if already travelling can be a challenge to find an insurer so keep that in mind.