+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Supplying Degree Certificate

tonyj88

Feb 26, 2018
I have a question about supplying a copy of a degree certificate as part of my EE application.

I lost my original certificate when I moved house a few years ago. I do have a digital scan of the original that I took before I moved. I've also got a certified duplicate degree certificate, issued by my University.

Which would be better to supply? I'm worried that if I attached a copy of the original, I wouldn't be able to reproduce the physical document if asked. And I couldn't find any information on whether certified duplicate certificates are acceptable.

I've already had my credentials assessed by ICES and have a separate certificate from them. For this, I used my certified duplicate certificate.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I have a question about supplying a copy of a degree certificate as part of my EE application.

I lost my original certificate when I moved house a few years ago. I do have a digital scan of the original that I took before I moved. I've also got a certified duplicate degree certificate, issued by my University.

Which would be better to supply? I'm worried that if I attached a copy of the original, I wouldn't be able to reproduce the physical document if asked. And I couldn't find any information on whether certified duplicate certificates are acceptable.

I've already had my credentials assessed by ICES and have a separate certificate from them. For this, I used my certified duplicate certificate.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Firstly, you don't need your degree certificate for EE. You need your educational assessment results from any credential evaluation agency.

Secondly, they (IRCC) won't ask you for the original. A good quality scan copy will do for your post ITA document upload.

Mj_love07

May 30, 2018
do we real need degree certificate... on the other note i got my ECA done with the help of provisional certificate and my institute is yet to issue me the degree certiicate....and i am in post ITA stage . can i again give them just the provisional one?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
do we real need degree certificate... on the other note i got my ECA done with the help of provisional certificate and my institute is yet to issue me the degree certiicate....and i am in post ITA stage . can i again give them just the provisional one?
Yes, if the provisional was accepted for the ECA.