+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question About Sponsor's Employment History

lovelyece

Star Member
Nov 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have question about Sponsor's Employment History.

1. In the form imm5532, there is a table for filling Sponsor's Employment History. it has only 5 rows.
What if we cannot cover past 5 years employment history in 5 rows.
Can we add separate paper , having past 5 years employment history.

2. I just came back to Canada, after getting married in my home country and looking for job. Can I apply for Spouse sponsorship , being unemployed. (I mean is there any chance that my application will get rejected).

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. You can add separate paper, just in the final row in the form, write "Please see attached for additional employment history" and format the additional lines the same was as in the table.

2. You are the sponsor? You need to be able to demonstrate capacity to pay for your spouse's life in Canada for three years. While there is no income test, CIC may ask how you plan to do so. If you're applying for jobs, you can explain you are actively seeking employment and describe what you used to do and the income you used to make as a guide for what you will be able to get in the future.

savemaria

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
File Transfer...
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
15-04-2019
1. You can add separate paper, just in the final row in the form, write "Please see attached for additional employment history" and format the additional lines the same was as in the table.

2. You are the sponsor? You need to be able to demonstrate capacity to pay for your spouse's life in Canada for three years. While there is no income test, CIC may ask how you plan to do so. If you're applying for jobs, you can explain you are actively seeking employment and describe what you used to do and the income you used to make as a guide for what you will be able to get in the future.
k.h.p. is right in his advice above..
Also, as a sponsor, you may mention if you have savings in the bank & attach bank statements to prove that you can support your spouse for the sponsorship duration. This is what we did.

taher.bayadwala

Oct 5, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
While filling the form IMM5532,
Part A, 1> Details about the employer,
they have asked for complete address, number, and name of the employer.
It turns out, I am falling short of space to include all the details for a particular employer.
what do I do in this case?

taher.bayadwala

Oct 5, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

While filling the form IMM5532,
Part A, 1> Details about the employer,
they have asked for complete address, number, and name of the employer.
It turns out, I am falling short of space to include all the details for a particular employer.
what do I do in this case?

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
k.h.p. is right in his advice above..
Also, as a sponsor, you may mention if you have savings in the bank & attach bank statements to prove that you can support your spouse for the sponsorship duration. This is what we did.
hi

is there a minimum amount for savings? i mean how much would the ideal amount be? i have attached my bank account with some of my savings.