United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Hi,

I have been looking at security screening in tracker. It appears that there are some people who have been stuck forever in SS.
My question is:
Has IRCC ever informed an applicant that their application was reject due to security issues?

Is it possible that some of these applications were already deemed rejected by IRCC but never communicated to applicant because it's security related?

Perhaps if rejection is due to security then applicant is never informed and their application remains in "In Progress" stage until applicant gives up and moves on with his life. Their case on tracker will eventually become inactive but their profile on IRCC website will remain "In Progress" forever. GCMS notes will not show any updates happening to file.

Any thoughts?

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
That tracker is specific for security screening. There are many other people in SS who are not in this tracker. You can usually find out by asking them or if they put SS start date in tracker. Also if you see people still waiting for PPR a year after AOR, that is due to SS.

If you email visa office and they tell you something like "Your application is going through additional background checks. Your processing time will be outside of normal processing time." This is a possible sign of being in SS.

A better way to know for sure is to look in GCMS. If not in SS, you will only have "Security" activity. If in SS, then you will also have "Security Screening" activity.

PR application page doesn't show anything related to this. For some people SS starts with IP2. For some people SS starts way before that. This can be confirmed only from GCMS notes.

safiaa

Dec 24, 2017
I ordered GCMS notes and find out that Security part is redacted. How i would get the confirmation that we are on SS