+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about savings account in canada

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
an international student wants to do some investments/ opening a savings account. What kind of saving or investment account should he open if his goal is to buy a house in the future? Which bank would you recommend? What kind of investment would give highest interest?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
an international student wants to do some investments/ opening a savings account. What kind of saving or investment account should he open if his goal is to buy a house in the future? Which bank would you recommend? What kind of investment would give highest interest?
No very high rate savings account in Canada or any developed economy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see that is good.
some accounts charge you money when you withdraw funds. What saving is better with regarding the goad.
These are my questions.
There are tons of accounts. There are likely some internet sites that compare or look up every bank and credit union.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
You are just asking people to do the research for you. Either pay someone for answers or go spend some time on Google.
That's a rude answer.
With 27000 posts to your credit and more than 5000 likes it seems you are spending a lot of time on this forum.
This could be the reason the international student felt that someone like you would provide info.

Reactions: dakota1r

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's a rude answer.
With 27000 posts to your credit and more than 5000 likes it seems you are spending a lot of time on this forum.
This could be the reason the international student felt that someone like you would provide info.
I answer immigration questions, as that is something that I know a bit about. I am not a financial planner and am not going to spend a chunk of time Googling financial planning questions for the OP.