+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about proposed changes in FSW category from March 2010

vbhtngr

Feb 17, 2010
I've heard from a friend in Canada that the Canadian Govt will be making some changes to the immigration rules from March 2010. Does anyone have any idea of what the proposed changes are or which job categories under NOC will be affected? Specifically, are there any plans to drop computer related jobs from the NOC?

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
why don't u ask your friend to provide the source of information to validate the authenticity of the statement.

vbhtngr

Feb 17, 2010
Lapore12,

That's the only problem I have as he hasn't been able to give me any details on this issue since he heard it from someone else.

Normally I wouldn't give too much thought to such "news items" but I am about to start my immigration application process under 0213 and its just a bit unsettling to hear that it might get scrapped altogether (which i hope not).

So the only thing which I can do (and am doing) is to speed up my application process :)

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have also heard this news.... A CSIC certified consultant told me this... he also claims that they might remove 0213. and they might also increase processing time....

i am also applying under 0213.. so any info will b very helpful.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rumors are very dangerous and they distract people from their goals. Until CIC changes the rules why stress yourselves. Apply ASAP if you qualify. Don't wait another day, life is too short my friends.

vbhtngr

Feb 17, 2010
barsinddo,

Yes, I am relying on the official sites like CIC. I did manage to google this topic find some useful links from which I gather that -

1. It seems the NOC is updated every 5 years and next update is in 2011.
2. No mention of any changes on the CIC site.

As you rightly said, time to think of it as a rumour and speed up the application process :)