+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about primary inspection kiosks at Vancouver International Airport: Canadian citizen traveling with non-Canadian citizen (and non-PR)

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I know this is not about citizenship per se. But if anyone has had any experience, I would appreciate their input on the following question.

If a Canadian citizen enters Canada (let's say through YVR - although it can be any airport in Canada) with a non-Canadian citizen (who is not a PR of Canada either), which line can they use (Foreign Citizens versus Canadian Citizens/PRs) if they wish to clear immigration TOGETHER?

I know the airport staff will probably be able to direct you to the appropriate line, but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience entering the country in this setting?

Thanks.

Last edited:

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
AFAIK one will have to go in the PR/Citizenship line up and the other has to go via the other queue.
(Let me know if you guys were able to do it together though)

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
I'd say you as a Citizen just go with your visitor in the non-Citizen queue. At least that's what I've done travelling with my spouse to Europe, we just go in the non-EU citizen queue together despite me carrying an EU-member passport. Usually the citizen queue is just smoother to go through if you have the right documents, but the "non" queue works fine too as it's just a manual check of the documents. So my suggestion if you want to clear together is to take the queue for foreigners.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I know this is not about citizenship per se. But if anyone has had any experience, I would appreciate their input on the following question.

If a Canadian citizen enters Canada (let's say through YVR - although it can be any airport in Canada) with a non-Canadian citizen (who is not a PR of Canada either), which line can they use (Foreign Citizens versus Canadian Citizens/PRs) if they wish to clear immigration TOGETHER?

I know the airport staff will probably be able to direct you to the appropriate line, but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience entering the country in this setting?

Thanks.
I travelled with my mum once, I was PR and she was visitor. The told us to follow separate queues.