+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PR card renewal

Spring10

Apr 9, 2023
Hi everyone,
I entered Canada two years ago with an expired PR card and the RO was not met at that point.
Now two years passed, RO is met and I would like to apply for a new PR card.
Is it safe to apply online like everyone else in this forum? Are there any precautionary steps?
I've heard that I should wait for a few weeks to be on the safe side. Is there any other advice?

sushilxr

Jan 22, 2024
Most people seem to wait 1-3 weeks after 730 days.

Separately, did you enter via US land border? I am guessing you could not board a flight with an expired PR. Did you get asked any questions at the time of entry?

Reactions: Ponga

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I entered Canada two years ago with an expired PR card and the RO was not met at that point.
Now two years passed, RO is met and I would like to apply for a new PR card.
Is it safe to apply online like everyone else in this forum? Are there any precautionary steps?
I've heard that I should wait for a few weeks to be on the safe side. Is there any other advice?
Hopefully you are aware that with the change that IRCC made last year (or was it 2 years ago?o_O), all PR Card renewal applicants must provide 2 pieces of evidence of residency. Prior to that, it was only required if the PR had been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the previous 5 years.

Spring10

Apr 9, 2023
Most people seem to wait 1-3 weeks after 730 days.

Separately, did you enter via US land border? I am guessing you could not board a flight with an expired PR. Did you get asked any questions at the time of entry?
Thank you for your advice.
Yes, it was via US land border and secondary inspection. I had a strong H&C case plus I chose the time of crossing the border strategically

Spring10

Apr 9, 2023
Hopefully you are aware that with the change that IRCC made last year (or was it 2 years ago?o_O), all PR Card renewal applicants must provide 2 pieces of evidence of residency. Prior to that, it was only required if the PR had been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the previous 5 years.
I guess it should not be a problem. NoA, bank statement - every person who was a resident of Canada for two years should have it.

Reactions: tuhadapeo