+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PR Application

truthpursuer

Feb 1, 2024
I have been working for an Ontario employer for the past 2 years and I got invited by OINP for the permanent residency. However I have only lived in Ontario for 1 year and later moved to Montreal and then to Saskatoon to stay with my partner who got a job in here. Despite this I got approved by Ontario and I got 600 points for PNP approval. Post this I got invited by IRCC for permanent residency application. Now considering the fact that I am not living in Ontario but still working remotely, should I accept the invitation and apply for permanent residency? Is there no way that I can stay in Saskatoon and keep working remotely for the Ontario employer? Should I decline the invitation?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have been working for an Ontario employer for the past 2 years and I got invited by OINP for the permanent residency. However I have only lived in Ontario for 1 year and later moved to Montreal and then to Saskatoon to stay with my partner who got a job in here. Despite this I got approved by Ontario and I got 600 points for PNP approval. Post this I got invited by IRCC for permanent residency application. Now considering the fact that I am not living in Ontario but still working remotely, should I accept the invitation and apply for permanent residency? Is there no way that I can stay in Saskatoon and keep working remotely for the Ontario employer? Should I decline the invitation?
If you are nominated by Ontario, you can’t move to another province unless you are already PR . In this case you can’t apply for PR application because you are no more working for that employer and your intention to reside in Ontario doesn’t exist. You can’t accept invitation. You have to decide that invitation.

truthpursuer

Feb 1, 2024
If you are nominated by Ontario, you can’t move to another province unless you are already PR . In this case you can’t apply for PR application because you are no more working for that employer and your intention to reside in Ontario doesn’t exist. You can’t accept invitation. You have to decide that invitation.
Thanks for prompt response. I am still working for the Ontario employer. My partner is working in Saskatoon.

rohit39

Jan 31, 2024
If you plan to continue working remotely for your Ontario employer and there are no legal or logistical barriers, you can accept the invitation and apply for permanent residency. There's no requirement to live in Ontario once you become a permanent resident. You need to let IRCC know about your remote work from different province for Ontario company.

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
Hi I am working in Ontario for 6 months as tech support. If I move to Alberta for the same job, do I need to wait for 1 year in Alberta before applying for Accelerated Tech Pathway? or do I have to just wait for 6 months in Alberta(as I have already worked for 6 months in Ontario)? At one place I saw that only job offer is needed(they don't ask for work experience) which I think is not true.