Question About Police verification

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
Hi There,

I was in Singapore (to work) from 12 Apr 2011 to 30 Sept 2011 and then went back to India and then went to Singapore again from 14 Jan 2013 -1 June 2013.

I.e. I was never in Singapore for 6 months at a stretch.

CIC Website says that I need to apply for police verification for the countries that I have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

In this case do I need to apply as I never stayed in Singapore for 6 months or more at a stretch.

Thanks,

Vijay

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, you need pcc from singapore because u lived there for more than 6 months in total

read this-
Police certificates
As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

link:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
CIC has recently change the PCC requirements.

Now, applicant and dependents (>18yrs old) need to submit PCC for the country visited and stayed there for 6months or more.

It may be at stretch of 6month or not. Please refer the link for more detail:

http://www.dalelessmann.com/news/blog/changes-respect-police-certificates-and-express-entry-completeness-checks?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original