+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Police Clearance Certificate and Schedule A Background Request

shresth14

Mar 6, 2017
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident, and i am applying for an inland spousal sponsorship for my wife. She has received a request from IRCC -

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Family Class or under the Spouse
or Common-law partner in Canada class.
We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:
  • You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is
    found at the following link: LINK TO FORM
    You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this
    form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/03/23
  • At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
    1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
    and
    2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”

---

I checked on IRCC website for definition of 'family member', it says -

An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Does this mean that me - the husband has to submit the PCC as well?

Thanks

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
shresth14 said:
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident, and i am applying for an inland spousal sponsorship for my wife. She has received a request from IRCC -

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Family Class or under the Spouse
or Common-law partner in Canada class.
We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:
  • You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is
    found at the following link: LINK TO FORM
    You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this
    form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/03/23
  • At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
    1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
    and
    2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”

---

I checked on IRCC website for definition of 'family member', it says -

An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Does this mean that me - the husband has to submit the PCC as well?

Thanks
No!
You are the sponsor and a canadian resident, you dont need to submit police clearance because they can check your background with other government agencies.

Hope this helps

shresth14

Mar 6, 2017
Tdot_Boy said:
No!
You are the sponsor and a canadian resident, you dont need to submit police clearance because they can check your background with other government agencies.

Hope this helps
Thanks for clearing things :)